PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Needed

I am having problems syncing my mogul with my computer. I have windows vista and when i try and connect with the usb cable i hear the sound that notifies me when it connected but nothing else happens, all i see is the "safely remove hardware" in the bottom right hand corner. It was working fine before but all of a sudden it stopped reading. Please help. Thanks in advance
Old 08-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help Needed

Is the enable advanced network functionality deselected?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
Is the enable advanced network functionality deselected?
No, its checked
Old 08-26-2008, 06:11 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkostera1 View Post
No, its checked
K....I have posted this before.....WMDC sucks for Vista...very flaky...a few things I do when it acts up is go into Device Manager on the PC and delete it if it shows.....delete all partnerships on the phone and PC....if that does not work the most surefire way is a hard reset.....
Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

c@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularc@rL0$ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to c@rL0$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkostera1 View Post
I am having problems syncing my mogul with my computer. I have windows vista and when i try and connect with the usb cable i hear the sound that notifies me when it connected but nothing else happens, all i see is the "safely remove hardware" in the bottom right hand corner. It was working fine before but all of a sudden it stopped reading. Please help. Thanks in advance
Does your phone have active sync running? If you do you have the settings in the WHEN CRADLED to Synchronize all PC's using this connection to "USB".

Do you have the Allow USB Connections tab checked in WMDC?
How about having the "Allow Automatic device authentication" tab checked?
Make sure the "This computer is connected to" is set to automatic.

P.s. I also have the objects I want to sync checked on my PPC in the Active Sync Section and also on my PC.

I have all those settings and my connection works well all the time.

If you like my work feel free to buy me a drink or some wings LOL
Using my New HTC Touch Pro Theme (25 MB at startup)

Old 08-26-2008, 08:41 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by c@rL0$ View Post
Does your phone have active sync running? If you do you have the settings in the WHEN CRADLED to Synchronize all PC's using this connection to "USB".

Do you have the Allow USB Connections tab checked in WMDC?
How about having the "Allow Automatic device authentication" tab checked?
Make sure the "This computer is connected to" is set to automatic.

P.s. I also have the objects I want to sync checked on my PPC in the Active Sync Section and also on my PC.

I have all those settings and my connection works well all the time.

I have all those checked and run it the same way.....it works most of the time but gets real flaky.....mine may be the issue though of syncing with 2 different computers.....I sync XP at work and Vista at home....no problems though ever on XP at work or the XP I have at home.....a lot of people do have issues with WMDC.....they allegedly are working on a fix...who knows though.........my opinion is they rushed it when they built it....
Old 08-27-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

This is very frustrating, i still cant do it. lol I hate WMDC!!
Old 08-27-2008, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I have all those checked and run it the same way.....it works most of the time but gets real flaky.....mine may be the issue though of syncing with 2 different computers.....I sync XP at work and Vista at home....no problems though ever on XP at work or the XP I have at home.....a lot of people do have issues with WMDC.....they allegedly are working on a fix...who knows though.........my opinion is they rushed it when they built it....
I could not agree more with you on the very last part of your post. Not only did they rush WMDC, but Vista as well. Took me almost a year to get my 700WX to sync via WMDC. Flashing a new ROM is what did it. Works like a charm now.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I agree Vista and WMDC both sux major balls
Old 08-30-2008, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Still havent figured it out, i dont get it though cause it was working before and it just stopped

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan