PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
basic questions>>

first-this place is full of some pretty slick busy bodies

im not a noob to all of this but some i will admit is some new stuff so here goes..

wth is the radio? the rom i get, but the radio function..?

flashing to a new rom, ok i get that much. but of course when i take it in for service, i'll need to restock my phone with what verizon gave me. so how do i backup whats on my phone to in short-restock it?

kitchen-cooking, i get it-pretty cool. alot like the wiki word of the year-WooT.

cab files, programs. easy enough

i've been browsing this forum and a few others getting myself prepped for the how to's on what i want to get done.

maybe a few of you gurus can help me get a good start.

thanks!

RD
Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800

lvgdgts is a n00b
Re: basic questions>>

The radio includes Wifi, bluetooth, and I believe the calling firmware. It includes all the drivers and software to make this stuff work.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: basic questions>>

the radio is only the "phone" chip. it is the part of ur device that makes phone calls. thats it. the radio rom is the software that gives ur phone things like evdo, evdo rev A, better talk quaility, better signal strength, gpsone agps, this like that.

a newer radio rom gives u rev a, gps. dont flash ur radio more then a few times. changing from rom to rom is cool. but not radio to radio. the radio rom doesnt care who ur cell company is. i have alltel. i can use a radio rom from sprint or vzw.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan