PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   quality IM program (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35444)

gspitman 08-21-2008 06:31 PM

quality IM program

Hey folks,

just wondering if someone can suggest a reliable program for instant messaging (multiple services).

So far I've used Palringo, and I'm ok with it... but I was wondering if there was something better out there?

badutahboy 08-21-2008 06:33 PM

Re: quality IM program

Jivetalk/Beejive.... unquestionably the best IM program IMO

justpctech 08-21-2008 06:34 PM

I actually just OEM'd Beejive if anyone wants to try in kitchen. You will find it in the PPCKitchen OEM thread in my sig in a few minutes.

gspitman 08-21-2008 08:39 PM

Ok... just tried to install BeeJive, but the program won't even run on my Mogul, with Nexvision's hybrid ROM installed.

I used the latest Beta from their site, anyone have a stable copy?

TweetyBear 08-21-2008 08:43 PM

try slick from lonelycatgames. it's pretty good

Protonus 08-21-2008 08:44 PM

How does Beejive stack up against IM+ (the other multi service client I was going to reccomend). ? Better/worse? Details? thanks!

weedahoe 08-21-2008 08:48 PM

IM+ v4.58 is what I use and love it. I have used others including palringo but went back to IM+

justpctech 08-21-2008 08:58 PM

Slick Messenger

Yes I have Slick Messenger in OEM form in PPCKitchen OEM thread also. Thats what I used to use, but have switched to Palringo now. I believe they both handle the same IM clients as Beejive does.

reconboy 08-21-2008 08:59 PM

Has anyone given Yeigo a try ? Its a multi-IM with VOIP , I have tested it and it seems to work fairly well plus Yeigo to Yeigo calls are free. This one actually works with the Mogul for the VOIP portion. They are currently have issues right now with Touch and Mogul making Landline calls if you are using Sprints network (which is who I have for service) its not making a connection through their network. Landline and Mobile calls do cost but a very low cost.

I was helping test out this program when it stopped working with the Voip on WM6.1 release, good thing is they actually write out their own Codecs that are compatable with WinMo. After they get the Outbound/Indbound to Land/Mobile fixed for sprint users they will be getting bluetooth enabled in the application.

The support from the company so far has been very outstanding, and quite responsive.

You can find it here : www.yeigo.com

Let me know what you think if you test it out....

kingsfan626 08-21-2008 09:28 PM

Octrotalk is really reliable. I was able to use Voip to keep in contact with my wife when she took a trip to Taiwan.