PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
White Spot and KB Problems -- What to Do?

Just got a refurb yesterday from Sprint CS as the USB port had fallen out on my original warrantied Mogul (4 months since purchase).

Unfortunately, the refurb has the white spot problem and the keyboard doesn't consistently register key strokes. I called CS, and they told me they are out of stock as are the local Sprint stores. So, I've got 3 choices:

1) Take it to the Sprint store and wait for an hour or two while they try to fix it (they claim that they can, but I'm rather dubious)
2) Have Assurion replace it for $50, and Sprint will credit me $50
3) Wait for Sprint to get additional stock which might be a week or two

Anyone think that the techs can actually fix the white spot problem and keyboard? While it seems that having Assurion replace it would be the fastest option that won't be a time suck for me, what are the downsides of doing that? For example, if the replacement goes bad within my original warranty period, who am I dealing with and at what cost?

Thanks,
Doc
Old 08-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: White Spot and KB Problems -- What to Do?

Greetings. From what i understand, the white spots are caused by the vibration motor within the mogul itself and cant be fixed. Read lots of posts where people are on their 2nd or 3rd mogul, and the keep getting the spots. Heck, i have a whole triangle of them in the lower left corner, and i'm just gonna deal with it. My honest opinion of what you should do, is if you can afford it, hold out for a little while and just get the diamond or touch pro. Maybe sprint will let ya trade in your mogul +$ for one of those. Just my thoughts, and it's what ill be doing dschoenike

Old 08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

dunno if that would work or not. imagine everyone with moguls calling up sprint to exchange to the diamond or touch pro. it would be total chaos for them.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah, a straight up swap probably isn't gonna work. But since i dont think my worn out mogul would really get that much $ on ebay, i'd take the $30 sprint would give me for it on a trade for the diamond. I read on another thread some dude already called up sprint, and asked them how much they would give him for his mogul as a swap for the diamond. 30 measly dollars But, its an option, if true. i'd do it.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep

$30? that's it? bet you can get higher on ebay. or even craigslist it. gosh. sprint is a tightwad lol
Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
$30? that's it? bet you can get higher on ebay. or even craigslist it. gosh. sprint is a tightwad lol
thats the same price sprint told me they would give me for my touch when I wanted a instinct. (temp. insanity) lol
Old 08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

we all know our phones are worth more than $30. just keep it as a backup phone.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post
we all know our phones are worth more than $30. just keep it as a backup phone.
i have 2 moguls one is in perfect shape, the other is.... uhh... not so good. if i can get $30 for the pos mogul, ill consider it a win i thought about putting up my 2nd mogul here on ppcgeeks, but after careful consideration, i didnt wanna get someone mad at me for selling them crap. selling it back to sprint is a different story
Old 08-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
i have 2 moguls one is in perfect shape, the other is.... uhh... not so good. if i can get $30 for the pos mogul, ill consider it a win i thought about putting up my 2nd mogul here on ppcgeeks, but after careful consideration, i didnt wanna get someone mad at me for selling them crap. selling it back to sprint is a different story
yeah i got my 2 backups on sale here but no bites. so yeah...
Old 08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

these used moguls are a weird proposition. my back up has taken more smacks than tina turner, but works great and does what it's supposed to do. But being a year old, its an antique in ppc land, therefor has no resale value from what ive seen. kinda sucks cause i like it, but i dont need a 3rd ppc when i get either the diamond or pro. decisions decisions

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan