PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo
Carrier: Sprint

mr.squonk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk
Mogul Warranty

Sorry guys, I have to ask again...

Sprint Mogul, 2 days shy of 1 year old. HTC states that the carrier (Sprint) handles this. I do not have any of the extra insurance, just the phone and my plan. I have spent the last 2 weeks emailing, calling, ect...I am getting these options from Sprint:
1. Contact and send the phone to HTC (will be out of a phone, if that it a possibility)
2. Setup the $4.00/month service, take the phone to Sprint service center, pay 50-100 to have the phone replaced with a refurb.
3. Use my current $75.00 credit for a replacement phone plus an additional $100.00 (new Mogul via Sprint = $549.00)
4. To f**k off, because they could care less.

Is Sprint being difficult, or should there be a way to get a replacement/repair without having to pay any money out of pocket?

Can anyone come up with any other options?

I appreciate any help that you can offer...just having a problem with some keys needing to be pressed extra hard, and the stylus keeps popping out...the Sprint rep called it "wear", I call it bad design/manufacturing.

Thanks guys.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Mogul Warranty

Sprint doesnt handle any Manufacturer Warranties. Anything done in a Sprint Service Center would have to fall under the ESRP plan. HTC is the only one to handle the 1-year warranty and they do require you to send the phone in to them first.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-21-2008, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor

The phone has an automatic 1 year manufacture warranty The store should replace ur phone Alltel does and so foes Verizon and By my rule of thumb paying an extra $7 for insurance is a must especially for the higher end phones. If damaged or something happens to ur phone it is better to pay the a small deductable than [aying full amount for phone. Some of these companies do not try to work with its customers I have not had a problem with Alltel working with me to help me out when my phone messed up To be be precise it was twice. I Have a HTC 6800(Mogul) Have had your company before as a secondary phone for the cherp but it wasnt worth it To much trouble
Old 08-21-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Supersonic/Evo
Threadstarter

mr.squonk is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mr.squonk

Thanks to both of you! I will still deal with Sprint as long as needed. If by tomorrow they do not budge, I will take the offer to have ESRP added, and go that route. Thanks again...but if anyone else has any Sprint specific advice, I am still listening
Old 08-21-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Get the TEP insurance or whatever it's called (The $7.00 a month thing), if they'll still let you sign up for it.

If your phone is NOT water damaged or crushed or lost then they do not charge $50 for replacement. They should order you a new one at no additional cost. That's what I was told when I was having button problems with my mogul.

pt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan