PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul

Raithan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email problem.. any help?

Hey all..

For the most part, I don't ever have any problems with my Sprint Mogul..

Until recently. About 2 weeks ago, the email just randomly stopped working.
I can still receive email from my Comcast account, but I can't send anything. When I try to send, it Connects, Logs in, Looks for changes, then just Disconnects, and gives me the error message:
"The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again."
and it saves whatever email I was trying to send in the Outbox.

I am not sure why I started getting this message.. I didn't change any programs, add any new programs, move to a different area, etc. My username and password are correct in the Comcast email setup, I have tried deleting the Comcast email account from the phone and setting it up again and it doesn't work, etc.

I'm hoping someone out there knwos what is causing it. I have an older version of no2chem's 6.1 rom.. I think it's build 5045.

Oh, the most recent program I installed was SMMS for pic mail. But that was awhile ago.

Thank you for any help!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Email problem.. any help?

I had the same problem, but mine occurred right after initial setup. Like you, I'm using my ISP email, in my case RoadRunner (AKA Time-Warner). I found out that some ISP's (like mine, and I suspect yours, too) will not allow you to send e-mail from a portable device. It has something to do with spam prevention. Check out my post over @ WMexperts that addresses this fix. http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...88#post1475688

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b

So if I catch the idea of your post over there, you're saying changing it from smtp.comcast.net to smtp.sprintmail.net or something similar will do it? I don't see how that would still connect to my comcast email..

Am I missing something?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

I have Aol and that has happened to me once or twice, just delete the account and set it up again and you should be good to go.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

dalepl is keeping up the good workdalepl is keeping up the good work

I am on Alltel for my phone and get Email from Cox. As GeekCop said, Cox does not allow out going Email outside of its network. I contacted Alltel and found out they had a SMTP server for out going Email. Contact Sprint and find out if they have one. You will still access your Email because you are accessing your VomCast Email from thier POP server. It is only for receiving Email and the SMTP is for sending. Hope this helps.

Paul
Old 08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raithan View Post
So if I catch the idea of your post over there, you're saying changing it from smtp.comcast.net to smtp.sprintmail.net or something similar will do it? I don't see how that would still connect to my comcast email..

Am I missing something?
You're using ComCast's server to receive, but Sprint's to send
Old 08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrap1 View Post
I have Aol and that has happened to me once or twice, just delete the account and set it up again and you should be good to go.
Like I said in the original post.. that doesn't work.

GeekCop,

I tried that setup you suggested and still no go. Grrr... Aggravating. I emailed Sprint Tech Support, maybe they will have an idea..

If anyone else has any suggestions, throw them out.. I can't be the only one with this problem.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

Sorry i have a bad habbit of skimming posts, i doubt its because of the rom build but if you want to narrow the possibilities you can always try a newer one.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrap1 View Post
Sorry i have a bad habbit of skimming posts, i doubt its because of the rom build but if you want to narrow the possibilities you can always try a newer one.

I've thought about that.. but I'm really lazy and don't wanna reinstall everything, heh..

But it really shouldn't have anything to do with the ROM build, cuz I haven't changed for months and the email problem is recent within in the last month..

Grrr, frustrating.. and even more frustrating waiting for Sprint Tech Support to reply.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have the exact same problem with my Verizon XV6800.

My gmail & two other email send/receive just fine.

My roadrunner account however, will receive just fine but gives the exact same error as listed in the previous posts when trying to send.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan