PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Menu button at bottom won't open (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35377)

strawsy 08-20-2008 05:23 PM

Menu button at bottom won't open

I tried to change the button on the bottom from calendar to explorer and it didn't work. So I changed it back to calendar but now it won't open. What can I do?

Darkness231 08-20-2008 10:08 PM

Re: Menu button at bottom won't open

2 Attachment(s)
This should get you going. The most common error when changing these shortcuts is the extensions. The shortcut extensions should be LNK and not INK. Anyways just install and soft reset.

strawsy 08-20-2008 11:55 PM

Lol thanks for the reply. For some reason though it didn't work. I am getting the same error.

Darkness231 08-21-2008 12:13 AM

What error are you getting, and which one are you using, Did you soft reset?
I tested both on my phone and both worked. Check and make sure that calendar.lnk in the \windows\AppButtons\ directory. The explorer is tied to fexplore.lnk in the \Windows\ directory.

strawsy 08-21-2008 12:31 AM

I guess a second soft reset done the trick. Thanks man I really appreciate your help. Do you by any chance no how I could link the explorer to resco instead of the stock one.

Darkness231 08-21-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawsy (Post 389480)
I guess a second soft reset done the trick. Thanks man I really appreciate your help. Do you by any chance no how I could link the explorer to resco instead of the stock one.

Thats exactly how I have mine set up, except it says My Computer instead of Explorer. Easy to do, I just need to know where the explorer.exe is located (storage card or device). Mine is \Program Files\Resco Explorer\Explorer.exe

strawsy 08-21-2008 12:54 AM

Exact same here. Is there anyway you could explain how to do it?

Darkness231 08-21-2008 01:04 AM

Just go into the registry and locate
HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Today/Keys
Within the directory you should see Keys 112 & 113. These represent the Left and Right soft keys respectively. Within each you will find a sting value of (Default) and Open. Edit (Default) This is the Label that you will see on the Today screen. When done with naming ,edit Open and type the shortcut or file location that you want to execute. In this case it will be \Program Files\Resco Explorer\Explorer.exe. (assuming that Resco Explorer was installed to the device and not the storage card) Wait a minute and then soft reset. You can now modify 113 (the right soft key) if you want.

strawsy 08-21-2008 01:16 AM

Ok I will try it and let you know if I got it.

strawsy 08-21-2008 01:28 AM

Ok works great, thanks. The funny thing is though, I did that exact same thing before and it didn't work.