PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: spring

lysolflow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
this NEW official rom... i wanna use my WIFI ROUTER

aight... i got the most recent rom on my phone, and i installed the wifi router... i been doin this wifi router for a while, so i know to go to wifi and change the connection from adhoc to computer-computer...

well, i went to do it, and the menu for it isnt there... so i tried to go ahead and connect and try to use it... my computer didn't connect even though it found it as an availible network...

so... what do i have to do to get this wifi router to work on my newly updated mogul...
Old 06-30-2008, 08:05 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: this NEW official rom... i wanna use my WIFI ROUTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lysolflow View Post
aight... i got the most recent rom on my phone, and i installed the wifi router... i been doin this wifi router for a while, so i know to go to wifi and change the connection from adhoc to computer-computer...

well, i went to do it, and the menu for it isnt there... so i tried to go ahead and connect and try to use it... my computer didn't connect even though it found it as an availible network...

so... what do i have to do to get this wifi router to work on my newly updated mogul...
Well, you could always consider purchasing the newest version of wmwifi, as it is now a commercially available product.

http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

I've had no problems running wmwifirouter v1.05 on my Titan with various 6.1 builds.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b

i was fortunate enough to download it before they started chargin... so i'm gonna keep ma fortunate status... lol..
Old 06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
AWOL

Quote:
i was fortunate enough to download it before they started chargin... so i'm gonna keep ma fortunate status... lol..
I was fortunate to be part of the commercial version beta testing, and got a free license. Versions 1.x are much more stable than previous versions. It's worth the money.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b

i jus wanna know how to get it to work...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
AWOL

I received this email just today:

Quote:
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO IT

Hello all,

I'm emailing you all because you had access to previous BETA versions of WMWifiRouter.

It's been quite a while since then, time we spent building WMWifiRouter v1.20, which has a completely new core and supports a lot more features (and future features).

So now, it is almost time to put WMWifiRouter v1.20 into beta. There will be a semi-public beta program for registered users, but we want a smaller group to play a bit with it first, so the most obvious issues can quickly be resolved.

We hope to release the first 'private' beta to this small team sometime next week. It will still be FAR from finished or even remotely ready to be released, but a lot of it does work fine already.

If you are interested in once again (or still) being a beta tester for WMWifiRouter, please register at our NEW forum, which can be found at http://forum.wmwifirouter.com/ . This forum will also be used for the semi-public beta.

Once you have registered, log in, and open the "How to get access to the semi-public BETA" topic in the "WMWifiRouter 1.20 BETA / Sign-up" forum. Ignore the text in the big red letters, that's meant for 'normal' users. Follow the link to the beta registration form, and enter your license code. You will be given access to the 'normal' BETA forum. If you then send me (username: Jorrit) a PM on the board, I will upgrade you to "Official BETA tester" status, so you can access the "Official BETA team" subforum, where all the magic will be happening. (I admit, it does sound like a lot of work to do this sign-up, but it isn't)

If you have signed up before we are ready to release this next beta version, you will also receive an e-mail from us when we release it.

If you are no longer interested in testing the beta versions, please let me know this as well.

Regards,
Jorrit Jongma (Chainfire)
Morose Media
Jorrit@Morose.nl

Regards,
WMWifiRouter.com
Good things are to come..
Old 07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul ppc

pkbaum is a n00b

I would like to know how to get this to work also on 6.1, however I have no experence with sharing. I read tons of posts but I havent found a step by step explination on how to do it. Can anyone help?
Old 07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Thumbs up Re: this NEW official rom... i wanna use my WIFI ROUTER

Quote:

You have to go into the registry (HKLM\Comm\Internet Sharing\Settings ) and delete the setting to "force connect" or something like that, and then your menu will reappear. Hope this helps, if so...hit thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lysolflow is a n00b

is anybody else still usin the old version?.. .cuz mine aint workin..
Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm still using the last free version (v0.91). It works fine on ROM v3.35 w/ WEP security.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan