PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 08:50 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Creating Custom OEM's and problems with current OEM's

Ok, maybe this isn't the right forum here on PPCGeeks, but I've been looking at this all morning and can't quite figure this out. Are almost all the OEM's created improperly in PPCKitchens? Looking through my phone, through the OEM's provided and ones I've created, I've noticed something quite troubling. It seems that ALL the OEM's dump their files into the \windows\ folder. Why? Shouldn't they be going under \Program Files\name of app\? All the initflashfiles.txt seem to be WRONG. Reason I say this is because a few of my customs just won't run at all. And it's no wonder....all the REG keys for the programs point to \Program Files\name of app\, instead of the \windows\ folder where all the files are dumped. So not only is this horribly, dysfunctionally sloppy, but causes some apps to just plain not work. I'm thinking the fix is to readjust the whole initflashfiles.txt, but some of my OEM's have pretty big initflashfiles.txt and it would seem that there HAS to be a better way.

-Edit- Looks like maybe these are supposed to copy out of the \windows\ folder to the proper folder after flashing/resetting ? If so, most don't and I'd like for this "copy" not to happen. Seems like a WASTE of ROM space...

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-20-2008 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:43 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Creating Custom OEM's and problems with current OEM's

When you build a ROM, all files start out in the \windows directory. It is the j.o.b. of the initflashfiles.dat to copy the files where they need to be. (All of your initflashfiles.txt data get appended to the .dat file by buildos.) As far as the registry entries not matching where the files are placed, I can't help you there. But you may look at the registry entries again and see if they match after the data in the initflashfiles.txt is processed.

But when you cook a rom, ALL files start out in \windows. It is a waste of space, that is why the ppckitchen folks try to have most everything run out of windows. When I make an oem I try put them where a .cab install would have put them. This is just the way it is. You could always build your rom and install your files with UserCustomization if you do not want all the duplicates.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Ok, so my fear is correct (which is kinda crappy)...so, if I were to make sure the registry settings matched the new path (a.k.a windows) I'm geussing all would be well (as far as my Custom made OEM's are concerned)? Also, I noticed that quite a few of my cab->OEM conversions are prepending the files with a 000-, any easy way to stop this from happeneing? (other than manually renaming and fixing the initflashfiles.txt)
Old 08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
SuperNoob

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Ok, so my fear is correct (which is kinda crappy)...so, if I were to make sure the registry settings matched the new path (a.k.a windows) I'm geussing all would be well (as far as my Custom made OEM's are concerned)? Also, I noticed that quite a few of my cab->OEM conversions are prepending the files with a 000-, any easy way to stop this from happeneing? (other than manually renaming and fixing the initflashfiles.txt)
You can stop the 000- prefix by unchecking "Prefix files for duplicate in package subfolders" in the lower left when you first open Erivus's package creator...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
You can stop the 000- prefix by unchecking "Prefix files for duplicate in package subfolders" in the lower left when you first open Erivus's package creator...
Cool, goona try it right now

-Edit-
It worked! No more 000- ....now, to clean up all the other junk....

ya know, I was just thinkin, is the initflashfiles.txt even needed if they are going to the windows folder (and I leave them there)?
Thanks for the help

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-20-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
SuperNoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Cool, goona try it right now

-Edit-
It worked! No more 000- ....now, to clean up all the other junk....

ya know, I was just thinkin, is the initflashfiles.txt even needed if they are going to the windows folder (and I leave them there)?
Thanks for the help
Glad to hear it worked. I usually leave a blank initflashfiles.txt if no moving is needed. I'm not sure if buildos requires it, I just leave it there to keep it happy!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Glad to hear it worked. I usually leave a blank initflashfiles.txt if no moving is needed. I'm not sure if buildos requires it, I just leave it there to keep it happy!
Cool, thx once again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan