PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Warranty information? Keyboard seems to be out of whack. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35333)

AVakil 08-20-2008 06:59 AM

Warranty information? Keyboard seems to be out of whack.

Does anyone have information on where to go for warranty? The rep I spoke to from HTC said it was on the site, but I cannot seem to find it.

My keyboard seems to have problems. The u i and o buttons are not as responsive anymore.

Thank you for your help.

TweetyBear 08-20-2008 07:38 AM

Re: Warranty information? Keyboard seems to be out of whack.

do you have TEP, if so you can take it to sprint store

cykococo 08-20-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweetyBear (Post 388481)
do you have TEP, if so you can take it to sprint store

Even without TEP is it is less than a year old you can take it to a Sprint store as it has a one year manufacturer warranty. Now without TEP you will not get a new phone right away unless it is within 30 days and then you might depending on stock levels...

cornelious2 08-20-2008 09:58 AM

to use TEP do you have to take it to a repair center, or can you bring it to a regular retail store?

Lecithin 08-20-2008 10:22 AM

AVakil - Make sure you have your phone stock before you bring it in for repairs otherwise they'll tell you too bad no longer covered...

cornelious2 - Not sure if you can bring it to a retail store, but if you can then they will probably send it out for repairs. You would be best off bringing it to a repair center (and seeming as you are in Chicago one can't be too far away) I know the repair center nearest to me tells you they may need it for a couple of hours at most and then they will make a repair or replacement decision from there.

I am having keyboard, soft key and talk/end button issues. Not sure if they just used a cruddy presure sensor system or if it is something deeper in the hardware. I'm waiting it out though as I do have TEP and I'm hoping that it will remain tolerable until the local supply of replacement mogul's is depleted...

MrObvious 08-20-2008 10:40 AM

I wouldn't use insurance but rather a warranty replacement. Just make sure you flash back the original bootloader and a stock ROM (use relocker).

cornelious2 08-20-2008 10:50 AM

im actually in palatine, so its about 10 miles to the nearest repair center, and theres like 20 retail stores in that radius lol

Chief85 08-20-2008 01:35 PM

Does it really have a one year man. warranty? Mine is having keyboard issues as well, and I got the phone last Feb. What hoops am I going to have to jump through to get a new one?

cornelious2 08-21-2008 09:17 PM

brought mine in, he looked at it for like 1 minute then he ordered me a replacement mogul. so it was quite simple if you have TEP.

AVakil 08-21-2008 09:24 PM

Nope. Don't have it unfortunately.

HTC said as long as it's close to the one year date then they'll repair it. Just need to show them a receipt indicating the date.