PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Problem: Transcend 4GB SDHC class 6 card broke my phone! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35270)

beckman01 08-19-2008 02:07 PM

Problem: Transcend 4GB SDHC class 6 card broke my phone!

Need help with 4GB card with HTC Mogul:

I bought a Transcend class 6 4GB SDHC micro SD card for my Mogul. I used Active Sync and tethered to install files/mp3s/etc onto new card. My phone does not read the card, and now it will not even read the old cards I have used for months. The data still shows up when viewing the cards from my PC. Any help?

Darkness231 08-19-2008 02:28 PM

Re: Problem: Transcend 4GB SDHC class 6 card broke my phone!

I doubt it broke it but a hard reset may be in order.

TweetyBear 08-19-2008 02:34 PM

i concur

beckman01 08-19-2008 02:39 PM

Any ideas on why this may have happened? I have the latest ROM for the Mogul. Does the fact that it is a "Class 6" card matter?

Darkness231 08-19-2008 03:52 PM

Not sure. I have only class 4 cards, any I never run official ROM's. Not that that should make a difference.

schettj 08-19-2008 04:39 PM

Running the same 4gb class 6 transcend card in my wm6.1 mogul, no issues. Card has 1.6gb of crap on it (tomtom maps mostly, dham the USA is big)

Soft reset first. Pull card. Soft reset. See if anything works....

Try card in a usb card reader on a desktop. Might need to reformat the card? Might just be a bad card. Unless you somehow damaged the card slot, can't think of a way a card could have fried the slot (unless, maybe it shorted a couple pins?) If it really won't read any cards, hard reset... if it still won't read em, time for ecare/insurance...

beckman01 08-19-2008 04:45 PM

Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up doing a hard reset. It still won't even read my old cards (like the one that came with the phone). Guess it's time for the Insurance replacement...

bakntyme 08-19-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckman01 (Post 387665)
Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up doing a hard reset. It still won't even read my old cards (like the one that came with the phone). Guess it's time for the Insurance replacement...

Not an insurance replacement, that will cost you $50 deductible. Take it in to a Sprint Repair Center for free replacement under the extended warranty portion of the TEP, if you have that. (TEP is the $7 per month program).