PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
screen wont wake up

Ok, so I got a new 68 and I went over alot of threads yesterday and last night. This is a xv6800 so I wanna try to updated Radio and ROM. Ive got the radio 3.42.50 but read it wont work unless you update the ROM also so I got the BuildOS and thats another story.

But before I can do anything I have to unlock the device right? So I got the Olipro 2.40 (Hard-SPL-MFG.exe) and ran it when the device synced. So I get my rainbow screen and it does read Olipro 240 and USB at the bottom. I go through the steps on the GUI and get all the way through the end but where I MIGHT be making a mistake because I cant figure out if the DOS screen is supposed to kick my out of BL Mode or not. So I end up having to use the exit file to get out of BL Mode and then I am fine.

HOWEVER, now when my device goes to sleep from being idle, it wont wake back up. I can press the power button and it does nothing. I have to reboot the device everytime and I know it isnt supposed to be like this so someone please guide me in the right direction and tell me where I took the wrong turn at.

The last DOS screen reads like this
Your device should now be unlocked it will show bootloader version 2.40
####
####
To continue flashing device with a new rom hit Ctrl-C or close this window
####
####
If you would just like to exit the bootloader disable USB connections in
Activesync now. The next and final step will run titan_exitbl.exe.
####
*** Repeat: You MUST manually disable USB connections in Activesync (wmdc)
####
If you have issues with exiting the bootloader just flash a stock rom.
Press any key to continue . . .

So from here I go into AS and disable USB which drops the connection between the PC and PPC and then go to C:\ttn240mfg\titan_exitbl.exe and run that file and that does get me out of BL Mode but after 30 secs of being idle or if I put the phone to sleep, I cannot wake it back up w/o having to reboot the phone. So someone please explain to me what is going on here.

Last edited by weedahoe; 08-19-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: screen wont wake up

bumping
Old 08-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

You currently have incompatible ROM, radio, and bootloader. The 2.40 bootloader only works properly with GPS ROMs. Put the device back into bootloader (hold power, camera, and the reset button until you get the tricolor screen) and hook up the USB cable then flash a compatible radio and ROM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
You currently have incompatible ROM, radio, and bootloader. The 2.40 bootloader only works properly with GPS ROMs. Put the device back into bootloader (hold power, camera, and the reset button until you get the tricolor screen) and hook up the USB cable then flash a compatible radio and ROM.
Quite right, bakntyme. If you are unsure of the whole BuildOS portion, you can always use a ready to go DCD or no2chem ROM to start. That's what I did. After your comfortable with doing that, you can start cooking
Old 08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Can anyone please provide some links to speed things up. My eyes hurt from being in front of the PC all last night and today. THX
Old 08-19-2008, 03:20 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Can anyone please provide some links to speed things up. My eyes hurt from being in front of the PC all last night and today. THX
What links are you looking for? Here's one for VZW that might help though

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35115
Old 08-19-2008, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

THX bro, I think I can take it from here........hopefully......LOL
Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
THX bro, I think I can take it from here........hopefully......LOL
Good luck. Also, this radio will delete your A-Key. You will have to call Verizon and get a new one. When you try and make a call, you will get a message and a number to call. Call that number, tell them the message you receive and that you had to hard reset your phone cuz you installed some app that caused ur phone to constantly reboot or something.

And don't forget, search is your friend, but if your still havin' trouble, just ask

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Good luck. Also, this radio will delete your A-Key. You will have to call Verizon and get a new one. When you try and make a call, you will get a message and a number to call. Call that number, tell them the message you receive and that you had to hard reset your phone cuz you installed some app that caused ur phone to constantly reboot or something.

And don't forget, search is your friend, but if your still havin' trouble, just ask

Yeah I had already read about the A Key deal and it did happen to me but it didnt give me a number to call. It routed me to an IVR to make collect calls or use a calling card. When I called VZW CSR this morning they tried OTA prgramming which didnt take and then tried to access ESPT which I couldnt get into (##77 so I figured it must have been something I did during to cooking and stopped the CSR at that point. I didnt tell her anything about the ROM or radio but only that I needed to go. Got any ideas? Im trying to re-cook here at work but our computer network is tight.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just load up File Explorer and run \Windows\EPST manually then call CS back.

There is an A-key gen somewhere but you would have to search for it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan