PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   screen wont wake up (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35245)

weedahoe 08-21-2008 08:38 AM

Re: screen wont wake up

Just to let everyone know I got this up and running just fine, THX for everyones help

Rangerdave 08-21-2008 11:55 PM

ok guyes, i have followed the post over in the verizon instructions on updating the phone and now i'm stuck at the colored screen. any type of reset dosent do anything. i tried to update it back to the verizon stock software and it still says Oli on the colored screen?. i have been trying to follow the next step in flashing the radio rom, but it never boots out of the colored screen..

weedahoe 08-22-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdave (Post 390685)
ok guyes, i have followed the post over in the verizon instructions on updating the phone and now i'm stuck at the colored screen. any type of reset dosent do anything. i tried to update it back to the verizon stock software and it still says Oli on the colored screen?. i have been trying to follow the next step in flashing the radio rom, but it never boots out of the colored screen..

Keep in mind that when you are going to flash the BL to 2.4 you need to also be prepared to change the radio and ROM as well. Dont start and stop like I did or you will have issues. But now it sounds like you are stick in BL mode right?

Well this isnt too hard. Go into ActiveSync and disable USB. The go into C:\ttn240mfg and click on titan_exitbl.exe and this should kick you out of BL mode. Once you are out remember to go back into AS and re-enable USB so you can sync later.

Now mind you when I did mine just like this and didnt load a new radio/ROM, whenever the device would go to sleep it would not wake up and I would miss calls/txt. After flashing to a radio/ROM the issue was resolved. Good luck

joojoobee666 08-22-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerdave (Post 390685)

Just curious, but what version number is the bootloader at? 2.4 I hope?

Rangerdave 08-22-2008 02:57 PM

ok peeps-update.
last night i was able to get my **** straight. i had the oli flashed and thats where i was stuck. now untill i flashed the radio, then i was able to boot the phone and it went without a hitch. it booted straight up into windows 6.1, not needing to update prl or anything. google maps and live search lock into 6-8 gps sats on about 1 or less minutes-.

Thanks!!