PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800

Jpayne30 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help getting the Mogul replaced with a Touch

I have the Mogul/Titan/PPC 6800 with with Alltel, and I am on my 3rd phone in a month, the phone as must mogul users know locks up alot, and has a major ram issue.. I like to do alot on my phone, listen to music, browse the web, text.. usually all at once. And well the mogul doesnt really have very well ram to allow this..

MY QUESTION IS.. does anyone have any tips on how I can get alltel to replace my mogul with a Touch. Wouldn't even mind if they replaced it with a refurbished Touch.. I am just kinda sick and tired of the Mogul.. And I do have insurance through Alltel if that matters at all. Any advice is good advice.. THanks in advance!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear
Re: Help getting the Mogul replaced with a Touch

tell them that you have had repeated problems with the mogul and want a different comparable phone. that should work.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jpayne30 is a n00b

Yeah i was sorta thinking along the lines of that.. but Alltel is so anal about everything.. and the Touch is actually even cheaper then the mogul.. but idk.. So should i call them, or go to the store.. cuz it seems when i go into the store, they "dont have the right tech there to help" me, and so they always call that 1800 alltel1 , and i have to talk to them
Old 08-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the touch is comparable in features not price. i think they go by features. i don'ot know how alltel works, but i know for sprint you can go into store and ask. but you know more about alltel, so that's your choice. i'd go in store and show them your problems and maybe they'll do it in store
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jpayne30 is a n00b

Thats one thing i know for sure, alltel will not do smartphone exchanges in store.. they always ship the phone.. cuz even I went in to get this mogul exchanged and they told me i'd recieve the replacement in the mail in 3-5 days.. Thanks for the tips though double thanks... if anyone else has anymore tips, i am still open to suggestions until i get a touch or something else. Thanks again
Old 08-19-2008, 07:06 AM
Tweety...Bear (chick)

np. glad to help you out
Old 08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Eirikr88 is just getting started

I did it with sprint this past weekend and they basically told me i was SOL and had to buy a new phone if i didn't like the mogul...didn't leave me very happy suffice to say.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jpayne30 is a n00b

Well I already know Sprint will replace phones easy.. the guy that said i should try it (one of my friends) has had 4 different phones in sprint this past month, Mogul, the Touch, the Blackberry, now he gots the Instinct and is in love with it.. so i know its super easy to do at sprint.. even my brother upgraded to the Treo 550 or whatever for free from a regular flip phone.. but alltel is super gay.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan