PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unlock question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35228)

rashani 08-19-2008 01:19 AM

Unlock question

Looking at a new network (AT&T doesn't service where I live, but Verizon does), and thus, a new phone, the HTC Mogul 6800.

The local store here wants too much for the Mogul, so I figured I could grab one off of ebay and use it.

I've noticed several different branded Moguls, and was wondering if a Sprint branded one would work on Verizon, and if not, can I unlock it in order to do so?

weedahoe 08-19-2008 07:58 AM

Re: Unlock question

From what I understand it is all about getting one carrier to accept another carriers ESN and (again) from my understanding, that doesnt work. So the answer is no. Sry.

TweetyBear 08-19-2008 08:16 AM

i have mogul for sale in the bargain trader if you interested. can work out on the price

elmerfudpucker 08-19-2008 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashani (Post 386847)
Looking at a new network (AT&T doesn't service where I live, but Verizon does), and thus, a new phone, the HTC Mogul 6800.

The local store here wants too much for the Mogul, so I figured I could grab one off of ebay and use it.

I've noticed several different branded Moguls, and was wondering if a Sprint branded one would work on Verizon, and if not, can I unlock it in order to do so?

Make sure the ESN is clear!!!! That means get them to give it to you and call it in and ask. If it is dead when you buy it, you will be screwed!!

Mylt1 08-19-2008 03:18 PM

im going through this right now. verizon would have to send the phone off to have there software installed and then have the ESN added to there system. i pulled every trick i could to get them to just push the ENS through and no dice. the stores used to be able to push the ESN into the system but to many tech were screwing it up so verizon took it away from them. my phone was mailed off yesterday and should be gone 3 weeks according to tech support. if you buy a 6800 that isnt a verizon phone you will need to take it to a verizon store(not just some place that sells vzn phones) and they will send it out. its a PITA.

DavidinCT 08-19-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 387134)
Make sure the ESN is clear!!!! That means get them to give it to you and call it in and ask. If it is dead when you buy it, you will be screwed!!

Or a phone that was an insurance replacement that was not turned in and sold off. Happened to me once (about 5 years ago old v60i phone), I went into the store to activate a phone I picked up on ebay. They flashed the phone and broke it, then would not do anything for me, and made me feel like a crook.....I was ticked, went all the way to corporate