PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Email problem.. any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have the exact same problem with my Verizon XV6800.

My gmail & two other email send/receive just fine.

My roadrunner account however, will receive just fine but gives the exact same error as listed in the previous posts when trying to send.

~John
Did you try the fix I suggested in the WMexperts post?? RoadRunner is notorious for not allowing outbound messages from mobile devices. It took me close to a week to get my RR account to send. I have a GMail & Hotmail account and have not problem w/ either.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b

Ok, so I figured out what the problem is.. for some reason, pocket outlook keeps changing my PW everytime I check "Save Password." I will go into settings, set my PW, make sure "Save Password" is checked, save settings, go back into settings, and somehow my PW went from like 7 digits to about 15. Not sure why.. But I just tried unchecking "Save Password," typed up an email, pressed send, it popped up and asked me to enter my PW, I did, and the email went through... so now I just need to figure out why the hell Pocket Outlook keeps changing my damned PW. Cuz I don't wanna have to type in my PW everytime I send/receive..

Are there any third party email programs for the Titan maybe? Or maybe a newer build of nuerom would have it fixed.. hmm.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

The password getting longer is normal, i have a 7 character password and after it goes through the account setup it almost doubles.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800 Mogul
Threadstarter

Raithan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrap1 View Post
The password getting longer is normal, i have a 7 character password and after it goes through the account setup it almost doubles.
All I know, and I've tested it several times and different ways, is that if "Save Password" is checked for the sending settings, it will fail everytime. But if I uncheck save password and type my PW manually everytime I try to send, it works. I think it is a pocket outlook issue or something. Dunno, hoping I can find a third party email program that won't have the issues.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan