PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nolo25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

hey can some one help me connect my mogul 6800 which already has phone to modoem wmwifirouter but i dont have a pc for computer. i use to connect my ps3 through wifi wirelessely in my parents apt. but recently moved to a basement apt that doesnt have internet access. if there is anything i need or is it possible please help thanx in advance. i use my ps3 very much including for online games and internet browser any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800

Jpayne30 is a n00b
Re: need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

No, you can't use the mogul as a modem for the ps3 or 360. Only good for running as a modem for a PC.. if that answers your question
Old 08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I can't seem to get my 6800 to connect to ps3 via bluetooth to transfer pics.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo25 View Post
hey can some one help me connect my mogul 6800 which already has phone to modoem wmwifirouter but i dont have a pc for computer. i use to connect my ps3 through wifi wirelessely in my parents apt. but recently moved to a basement apt that doesnt have internet access. if there is anything i need or is it possible please help thanx in advance. i use my ps3 very much including for online games and internet browser any help would be greatly appreciated
Never thought of that idea give me a day or two, but I wouldn't game on it tho, you will blow thru the 5 gig cap in no time...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

moxxy27 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpayne30 View Post
No, you can't use the mogul as a modem for the ps3 or 360. Only good for running as a modem for a PC.. if that answers your question
Not that i'm condoning the idea but yes you certainly can use it for a modem for the 360 with a wireless adapter on it and i don't see why you couldn't with the ps3. pretty easy too with the wmfirouter.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Search around, there is some software to turn the 6800 into a wireless hub. Maybe that would work. Interesting idea.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:17 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

just wanted to tell everyone thanx for ur help moxxy27 please explain step by step. elmerfudpucker thanx i will be on here periodically checking back. you guys can pm cause i cant send replyies through 6800 but in the pm i can. i am using my parents computer but will be leaving soon. so again thanx again. i anyone finds this if u dont mind can u add a cab files if it is possible. also elmerfudpucker when u said, "you will blow thru the 5 gig cap in no time." did u mean on the ps3 if so its a 80 gig no problem.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No he means with your cell phone provider. Verizon only allows you to download/upload 5GB.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

i have sprint not verizon so u think i wont be possible since there is gonna be alot of data being transfered
Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sprint is starting to get anal about it too. You could probably pay a little extra to get tethering added. With Alltel if you have a Smart Choice plan you get unlimited internet, texting, etc. w\ 500 national minutes + 10 my circle for $89.99, but for $10 more you can tether unlimited. With a regular plan it is $25 to tether. You could look into that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan