PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: need help connecting my mogul 6800 to my wifi ps3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolo25 View Post
You will need to go to wmwifirouter.com and download the file, or the cab direct to phone and try it out they have a free trial, I havent had time to go to my friend's house to try it out yet...lots of overtime this week!!

i already have wmwifirouter on my phone but nothing works for the ps3 plus the ps3 already has wifi.

how bout if i buy a hub and use my phone as modem will the ps3 work then?
Now to actually use, wmwifirouter you have to setup a adhoc. Without that wmwifirouter will not work. Now I have done this before and it works flawlessly over xboxlive so it should work with your ps3. Anyway if you haven't set up a adhoc yet you need to do the following:

start>settings>connections>wifi>menu>add new>then put it any name for your network, also select the second box device to device(adhoc)>next> then next(this screen is for password protecting your connection but not necessary since you are home) then finish.

Now run wifirouter and wait for it to finish setting up, you ps3 should now see the network
Old 09-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: sprint

donyal1990@yahoo.com is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Now to actually use, wmwifirouter you have to setup a adhoc. Without that wmwifirouter will not work. Now I have done this before and it works flawlessly over xboxlive so it should work with your ps3. Anyway if you haven't set up a adhoc yet you need to do the following:

start>settings>connections>wifi>menu>add new>then put it any name for your network, also select the second box device to device(adhoc)>next> then next(this screen is for password protecting your connection but not necessary since you are home) then finish.

Now run wifirouter and wait for it to finish setting up, you ps3 should now see the network
I followed the steps as you have them listed in your post and the ps3 did not find my mogul when I went to scan
Old 09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

Ive never used wmwifirouter but it would seem that you would have to turn that on first. Then scan for available networks on the ps3. I could be wrong though.

Ive read the site and it says that it turns the phone into a wifi hotspot. So Im assuming its the same as what Ive done at my house. Setting the ps3 up for wireless connection and scanning for my router.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

wmwifirouter wont work with psp\ps3..ds/etc... thats why i had to use a hub and my laptop....
Old 09-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Lurker

so no one has done this successfuly
Old 09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Lurker

there has to be a way to make this work
Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop

I have never tried this before myself, so it may or may not do the trick...

http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0806019/

Routes the nets through a hardware access point, which the PS3 should be able to connect to in Infrastructure mode. I know at the very least that a Wii can only connect in Infrastructure mode, not Ad-Hoc - my ventured guess is that the PS3 may have similar limitations (without looking I dont know for sure..)

Hope this helps/works for you.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:13 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by donyal1990@yahoo.com View Post
I followed the steps as you have them listed in your post and the ps3 did not find my mogul when I went to scan
Just remember that your wifi switch must be turned on on your mogul before you get started with the directions I gave you. But like someone else said maybe it doesn't work on your ps3 but I have tested this on my 360 several times and have work flawlessly every single time

Old 09-23-2008, 08:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

muffinman do u use ur computer or labtop cause i have the ps3 without computer or labtop using the internet sharing fix and wmwifirouter and nothing works. what do u do diff cause if it works on urs it deff should work on ps3. hit me back
Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

nolo25 is a n00b

a muffinman this part dont understand, then next(this screen is for password protecting your connection but not necessary since you are home) then finish. reaSON BEING IS CAUSE DATA ENCRYPTION IS WEP

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan