PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW

mayoko185 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thinner title bar

I swear I have search all over and I havent found what im looking for. I was wondering if there way a mod/free prgram that can make the start/title bar thinner, as it is now I feel its kinda bulky for the info displayed.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19
Re: thinner title bar

might be a registry edit? i doubt it tho. i think its pretty standard, anyone else know?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

something like WAD and WA3 will probably have what you are looking for. I have seen some crazy themes using them.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

no you cannot make them thinner or resize them... but they can be removed...

try these 2 apps

the first will remove the bottom soft taskbar only

and the second will remove both.

in addition, the first cab is a permanent solution (until you soft reset the phone)

but the second will only remain in effect until you change the screen orientation...

Best... Member... Ever...

Last edited by InvincibleLiving; 03-03-2009 at 08:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VzW
Threadstarter

mayoko185 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
something like WAD and WA3 will probably have what you are looking for. I have seen some crazy themes using them.
I downloaded the trial of WA3 and tho pretty damn cool it took away precious ram from other apps on my ppc. I was hoping to find a more permeant solution than a skinning app though that does not look realistic at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post

try these 2 apps

in addition, the first cab is a permanent solution (until you soft reset the phone)

but the second will only remain in effect until you change the screen orientation...
Very cool although removing them all together is not ideal as I still like to have the info/functionality they provide. Thanks though
Old 04-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoko185 View Post

Very cool although removing them all together is not ideal as I still like to have the info/functionality they provide. Thanks though

Pretty much removing the top bar eliminates the use of the close and start buttons. It would be neat if you could only hide them on the today screen, similar to how the bottom bar is only hidden on the today screen, but comes back when you open a program.

One thing I really liked about the motorola Q, and by default windows smartphone OS, is that you can make a skin that hides the top bar. I really liked the ability to modify an xml file as I saw fit in order to make any homescreen combo I wanted.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Exclamation Re: thinner title bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post

try these 2 apps

Sorry to do this, I knot this is a very old thread, but I wanted to upload the updated cab version of the vjtoggle app....

hopefully someone else will get some usefulness out of this as well...

dcinobar wont work in No2chem's 2.2 Preview Roms so i'm giving this a try... others using this rom may want to do the same...

Enjoy

Last edited by InvincibleLiving; 03-03-2009 at 08:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan