PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
xv6800 and iGuidance 4.0

My 68 is VZW and using radio v3.42.50 with custom WM6.1 ROM v3.56

I have iGuidance 4.0 and a Verizon xv6800 and am using the internal GPS.

I can obtain and lock onto Sats w/o an issue and use Google maps and such but I am trying to get away from using my data plan. So I loaded the software and went through Active Sync to install it on the PPC. I read where I have to copy the folder "iNav iGuidance" over to my SD card and I did that also. In that folder there are two more folders. One is called Maps and the other is Scansoft. So I rebooted my device after install and copying those files. I go to my Start Menu -> Programs -> iGuidance and click on it. I get a 'wait' icon saying it is loading and then it goes away and does nothing else. I have went into the programs menu in \\Programs\iNav\iGuidance\Find GPS and it does find my GPS and baud rate with no issues but it will not load the app.

Also, if I move the files from the iNav iGuidance folder on my SD card and then try to run the app it comes back with an error and says the maps arent there so what gives?

Am I doing something wrong or missing something? TIA.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: xv6800 and iGuidance 4.0

bump to the top pls
Old 08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
N00b

dcharlip is a n00b

I have the same set up as you. It's my understanding that all of the files need to be on the SD card (unlike previous versions of iGuidance where just the maps were on the SD card). On my SD card I have the following:

\Storage Card\iNav iGuidance\:
Folder = Maps
Folder = ScanSoft
favorites.dat
itinerary.dat
recent.dat

\Storage Card\Program Files\iNav\iGuidance\:
Folder = Snd
iGuidanceQVGA.exe
rssoloapi.dll
combrk.dll
comsrc.dll

There is a file you are supposed to move from one folder to another but, off hand, I can't recall what it is. You can call iNavCorp. Their customer support is very helpful.

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

You mean like these..........LOL.........like I said, it is installed correctly a far as I can tell but just wont function right for me. THX for helping though because no one ever likes to answer the Qs I post.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

BTW, I uninstalled it and installed iGuidance to my card thinking that might help and there was no difference. I am about to scrap this project and move onto Garmin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan