PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan
Carrier: sprint

ix3u is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
igo and igo8 problems (PLEASE HELP!!!!)

for starters, yes, i did search. i spent almost four hours on here and xda last night looking for an answer. and nothing helped. my settings are corecct. com4, baud at 4800. still nothing. tried finding Holux GPS Viewer v1.5, could not find anywhere to dl it. tried bafs gps launcher, there is nowhere to select start gps, only an exit button. tried shadowmites gps launcher, wouldnt even open as well as the astrolauncher (same results)

as for specs, im running oem sprint on my mogul, both igo my way 6 and igo 8 both "work" persay, but the gps wont connect. even when i manually set it to look in 4 @ 4800, and it still only looks on port 3&7.

im getting ready to pull my hair out, so the sooner some one could help me the better. (and im trying to stick with igo, so "switch to tomtom" or help that hat isnt going to be helpful)

thanks in advance

ix3u
Old 08-17-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: SprintPCS

the_goldentiger is keeping up the good workthe_goldentiger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to the_goldentiger
Re: igo and igo8 problems (PLEASE HELP!!!!)

I found this on XDA It may help you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=363431
Old 08-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

ix3u is a n00b

thank you for the super quick reply...but yeah, i found that page too and was i was using to try to get it configured. ive done basically everything from that page to no avail.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

shortbushemi is a n00b

u have igo8 configured to use comm 4 right? i had to manually set that, as it didn't see that i had GPS till i did that. also make sure you have atleast 3 locked signals before you start igo. i found this out today. opened it up with 2 locked thinking it'd find more after. nope. wouldn't pick up a signal. so i closed it. saw i had 5 locked, opened it back up and it instantly realized i was back in jacksonville and no longer in tampa. I use GPS toggle to turn gps on/off. i only had to prime it up this weekend using HTC GPS tool this weekend when i was in tampa, fl. otherwise here in jax, it picks up the sat's in no time.. get a lock on 4 or 5 almost instantly
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ix3u View Post
for starters, yes, i did search. i spent almost four hours on here and xda last night looking for an answer. and nothing helped. my settings are corecct. com4, baud at 4800. still nothing. tried finding Holux GPS Viewer v1.5, could not find anywhere to dl it. tried bafs gps launcher, there is nowhere to select start gps, only an exit button. tried shadowmites gps launcher, wouldnt even open as well as the astrolauncher (same results)

as for specs, im running oem sprint on my mogul, both igo my way 6 and igo 8 both "work" persay, but the gps wont connect. even when i manually set it to look in 4 @ 4800, and it still only looks on port 3&7.

im getting ready to pull my hair out, so the sooner some one could help me the better. (and im trying to stick with igo, so "switch to tomtom" or help that hat isnt going to be helpful)

thanks in advance

ix3u
The ONLY way I could get iGo8 to work for me was to use GPSGate by Franson (free 14 day trial ->http://franson.com/gpsgate/). Created a virtual COM2 port and manually configures iGo8 to use com2 instead. Seems as if iGo8 doesn't like the onboard GPS so much for me. Works like a champ with GPSGate, however

To manually configure iGo, edit the sys.txt in the root iGo8 folder. This is ALL that I have in mine:

[GPS]
port=com2
baud=9600

Last edited by joojoobee666; 08-18-2008 at 08:13 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan