PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul

moemasterflex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP!!! Restoring my contacts

I recently updated my mogul with 6.1.. i used active sync to sync my contacts but i dont know how to find them. I also extracted the pim.vol file of of my phone on to my computer.is there anyway to get my contacts back on my phone. i have already tried dragging the pim.vol file back on to my phone and it did not work.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: HELP!!! Restoring my contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemasterflex View Post
I recently updated my mogul with 6.1.. i used active sync to sync my contacts but i dont know how to find them. I also extracted the pim.vol file of of my phone on to my computer.is there anyway to get my contacts back on my phone. i have already tried dragging the pim.vol file back on to my phone and it did not work.
Well, sometimes there are issues with the contacts and WM6-6.1 upgrades.

However, since you did save the pim.vol [smart thinking] you can get your contacts back. What you need to do is flash back to the ROM you were using at the time of the PIM.vol backup, and then restore the pim file. After you have done that, soft reset, then download and run this program: http://www.dotfred.net/

Use the program to backup all your contacts, appointments, tasks, call logs, messages, email etc. and SAVE THE FILE TO THE STORAGE CARD! [I suggest keeping a backup on your computer just in case]

Now, flash to the ROM you are using right now, and then use the same program to restore the pim.

Good luck!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:34 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Can the saved pim.vol overwrites the exising one using a registry editor?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul
Threadstarter

moemasterflex is a n00b

thnxz to those who posted..i solved the problem by moving the pim.vol file to my sd card and then copying and pasting it to my documents on my phone..
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

That is what I am talking about man, simple,short and sweet. That is my type of program. Good job.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

jaodnam is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jaodnam

Did you try to open up Microsoft Outlook and look in contacts to see if they were there. Or check the deleted section in Outlook to make sure activesync didnt stick them there. I had this problem the first time I flashed my new rom. Activesync syncs your contacts to outlooks contacts. and then sometimes when you re-sync your device again with the new rom it looks at ur current contacts on your device (which should be empty) and then assumes to do the same to your contacts in Outlook so itll stick all of your previously saved contacts in the deleted section.
If they are there, just select all, and drag them back into contacts and then re-sync your device. Hope this helps!
Also if you use gmail or yahoo, sync all your contacts to your address book there, just in case.

Tethering with my Mogul:

Using my next door neighbors wireless router:

Old 08-17-2008, 02:45 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I have a problem with my contacts not syncing sometimes. What I do is go into options on active sync, uncheck contacts. Let it sync, go into options again and recheck contacts. They will the sync fine. Don't sync the contacts if you loaded the from a back up because it will duplice all of them in outlook. Major PITA if you do that. Try that after you hard reset next time to see if unchecking and rechecking works for you. I have to do it everytime for some reason.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan