PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2008, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WMWiFiRouter not connecting.

WMWiFiRouter v1.10
3.35.NO2.5060

I installed WMWiFi with the wifi turned on on my phone. At first it hangs while it waits forever for ICS, so I have to manually create an Ad Hoc network that connects to the internet and name it WMwifirouter. Now WMWiFiRouter says "connected to WMwifirouter - Ready" but if I go into Wi-Fi Settings the WMwifirouter network is always in "Connecting" status. This is getting frustrating.

Ad-Hoc Network:

Name: WMwifirouter
Connects To: Work
This is a hidden network: unchecked
This is a device to device (ad-hoc) connection: checked
Authentication: Open
Data Encryption: Disabled
IEEE Network Access Control: unchecked

Last edited by fuzzybabybunny; 08-16-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: NRGZ28 9/18 & Blazin 9/26
Carrier: Sprint-Touch Pro 2

jowalamar is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to jowalamar
Re: WMWiFiRouter not connecting.

Yeah, I have been having that same problem. Seems to have happened after the new ROM upgrade. Maybe not. I just never had a problem with this program before and it is a bit frustrating. To date that was one of my most frequently used programs and going without it has not been fun. I hope this discussion brings some light to the problem.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:07 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ad-hoc wifi network is not correctly configured. You can verify this by going to Settings, Connections, Wifi / Network Adapters. Note that some devices require you to turn on wifi before you can see or modify these settings. There should be a wifi connection listed with the This is a device-to-device (ad-hoc) connection option enabled. If this is not the case, create one yourself.

Also make sure that in the same settings screen, but in the Network Adapters tab, the My network card connects to option is set to Work.

hope this helps it helped me when i was havin problems after i flashed to the new rom, also looke here (this is where i found above part) http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/
Old 08-16-2008, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

playdeep is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep

Some of the newer versions of these apps have bombs in them since they are not free. so they stop working after certain dates. This application has gotten even sweeter in the soon to be released 1.20 version. It is worth the money to get it.

That being said, I have had issues with IS before but this app always seems to work for tethering over usb and such.(I think only the latest one will do tethering over usb.) The latest version has weekly timebombs in it so dont bother trying to steal it if you dont want to pay for it.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by playdeep View Post
Some of the newer versions of these apps have bombs in them since they are not free. so they stop working after certain dates. This application has gotten even sweeter in the soon to be released 1.20 version. It is worth the money to get it.

That being said, I have had issues with IS before but this app always seems to work for tethering over usb and such.(I think only the latest one will do tethering over usb.) The latest version has weekly timebombs in it so dont bother trying to steal it if you dont want to pay for it.
Why would I want to steal it OR pay for it? The demo doesn't work in the first place...
Old 08-16-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

In almost every ROM or version of WMWifirouter I have used, it stops working at some point. I think because it accesses the registry, sometimes a soft reset would cure the connectivity issues.

The other times I have gone to the connections tab, edited the default installed WMWifirouter network connection and set WEP on and set a password and that seemed to work for me. Any other time a passkey change would reset the network settings and things would connect. I am using an old "free" version also, so take this advice for what it is worth.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just upgraded the firmware to 3.35.NO2.5067, WMWiFiRouter is still 1.10. During installation WMWiFiRouter actually made the Ad-Hoc network on its own, but the same issue persists; WMWiFiRouter says "connected to WMwifirouter - Ready" but if I go into Wi-Fi Settings the WMwifirouter network is always in "Connecting" status.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

mike6043 is a n00b

try changing "connects to" to the internet thats what mine is set on and it works perfectly

Last edited by mike6043; 08-16-2008 at 10:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan