PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul PPC6800

pudwick is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Mogul 6.1 Upgrade and now no WI-FI

I downloaded and installed the ROM upgrade from Sprint with no issues. Now no WI-FI, EVDO Rev A workd great.

When I go to the advanced tab under the wireless LAN icon it says the driver is not loaded. I ran the upgrade again and reset the phone several time but no help. HTC has no idea!!

Any suggestions??
Old 08-17-2008, 05:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

02max6spd is a n00b
Re: Mogul 6.1 Upgrade and now no WI-FI

yo im having the same problem im starting wonder if i should go the cooked rom route myself
Old 08-17-2008, 05:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul ppc-6800
Carrier: Sprint

kf6emm is just getting started

Toggle the hardware wi-fi switch off and on and see if that fixes it.

If the hardware switch is OFF it will say "Driver not loaded"
Old 08-17-2008, 08:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pudwick is a n00b

The switch is on. Or at least looks like it is on, but I get no icon on top of the screen.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Do you get an icon on the top if you start the wifi through the comm manager?

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-17-2008, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PCC 6800 TiTaN

criticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIPcriticalaudioinc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to criticalaudioinc

Try a hard reset, its possible the rom did not install properly, some people do make the mistake of not hard reseting the phone to factory before installing a new rom and that is when you can run into some issues, If that does not resolve the issue flash the rom again, Its also possible your wireless switch on your phone can be defective may want to check with sprint on that to be safe.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudwick View Post
I downloaded and installed the ROM upgrade from Sprint with no issues. Now no WI-FI, EVDO Rev A workd great.

When I go to the advanced tab under the wireless LAN icon it says the driver is not loaded. I ran the upgrade again and reset the phone several time but no help. HTC has no idea!!

Any suggestions??
so you have the mogul right? cuz your description says you got ppc 6700. that may be the problem

Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Try a hard reset, its possible the rom did not install properly, some people do make the mistake of not hard reseting the phone to factory before installing a new rom and that is when you can run into some issues, If that does not resolve the issue flash the rom again, Its also possible your wireless switch on your phone can be defective may want to check with sprint on that to be safe.
I never hard reset my phone before the ROM update. I only do a hard reset after the update. I would suggest seeing if the comm manager shows up in programs (as I said before). If it does not show up there then you didn't select it in the kitchen. If it does show up and you are able to navigate to it from programs, that means your button mapping is not set. Go to settings> buttons and remap it.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pudwick is a n00b

I have a Mogul 6800 and the Comm manager shows up and when I go to the connections tab under settings and try to turn on the WI-FI via the menu tab the icon does come on just for a second on top of the screen. The WI-FI switch seems to do nothing at all. Do you think the newest Radio ROM upgrade will help? And if so how do I install it? If nothing else I will take it to Sprint tomorrow and replace it.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul 6800

BigSarge2 is a n00b

I also have encoutered this problem with my Spint HTC Mogul 6800. I am still trying to get an answer from Sprint and HTC. In the mean time I will continue to scrub the internet and forums. If I find a legit fix I will post it or any other information I get.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan