PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul 6.1 Upgrade and now no WI-FI (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35007)

pudwick 08-15-2008 09:08 PM

Mogul 6.1 Upgrade and now no WI-FI

I downloaded and installed the ROM upgrade from Sprint with no issues. Now no WI-FI, EVDO Rev A workd great.

When I go to the advanced tab under the wireless LAN icon it says the driver is not loaded. I ran the upgrade again and reset the phone several time but no help. HTC has no idea!!

Any suggestions??](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

02max6spd 08-17-2008 05:21 AM

Re: Mogul 6.1 Upgrade and now no WI-FI

yo im having the same problem im starting wonder if i should go the cooked rom route myself

kf6emm 08-17-2008 05:49 AM

Toggle the hardware wi-fi switch off and on and see if that fixes it.

If the hardware switch is OFF it will say "Driver not loaded"

pudwick 08-17-2008 08:11 AM

The switch is on. Or at least looks like it is on, but I get no icon on top of the screen.

GaMedic 08-17-2008 11:25 AM

Do you get an icon on the top if you start the wifi through the comm manager?

criticalaudioinc 08-17-2008 12:16 PM

Try a hard reset, its possible the rom did not install properly, some people do make the mistake of not hard reseting the phone to factory before installing a new rom and that is when you can run into some issues, If that does not resolve the issue flash the rom again, Its also possible your wireless switch on your phone can be defective may want to check with sprint on that to be safe.

TweetyBear 08-17-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pudwick (Post 384076)
I downloaded and installed the ROM upgrade from Sprint with no issues. Now no WI-FI, EVDO Rev A workd great.

When I go to the advanced tab under the wireless LAN icon it says the driver is not loaded. I ran the upgrade again and reset the phone several time but no help. HTC has no idea!!

Any suggestions??](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

so you have the mogul right? cuz your description says you got ppc 6700. that may be the problem :scratch:

GaMedic 08-17-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc (Post 385092)
Try a hard reset, its possible the rom did not install properly, some people do make the mistake of not hard reseting the phone to factory before installing a new rom and that is when you can run into some issues, If that does not resolve the issue flash the rom again, Its also possible your wireless switch on your phone can be defective may want to check with sprint on that to be safe.

I never hard reset my phone before the ROM update. I only do a hard reset after the update. I would suggest seeing if the comm manager shows up in programs (as I said before). If it does not show up there then you didn't select it in the kitchen. If it does show up and you are able to navigate to it from programs, that means your button mapping is not set. Go to settings> buttons and remap it.

pudwick 08-17-2008 07:20 PM

I have a Mogul 6800 and the Comm manager shows up and when I go to the connections tab under settings and try to turn on the WI-FI via the menu tab the icon does come on just for a second on top of the screen. The WI-FI switch seems to do nothing at all. Do you think the newest Radio ROM upgrade will help? And if so how do I install it? If nothing else I will take it to Sprint tomorrow and replace it.

Thanks

BigSarge2 09-14-2008 02:10 PM

I also have encoutered this problem with my Spint HTC Mogul 6800. I am still trying to get an answer from Sprint and HTC. In the mean time I will continue to scrub the internet and forums. If I find a legit fix I will post it or any other information I get.