PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

ubigred is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Basic Microsoft Active sync info??

Could not locate the info anywhere.

I synced my phone last week using activesync.
I lost my phone yesterday.

If I buy a new phone , could I just simply sync the new phone and all my contacts and files will be on the new phone?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Lurker

chillout18 is a n00b
Re: Basic Microsoft Active sync info??

as long as all the contacts are in outlook when you sync the new phone it will transfer them. someone correct me if Im wrong.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

chillout has it right
you have to have some other program to 'catch' the data when you sync, i use Outlook which is the most common but there's others out there. as long as you have the data backed up somewhere activesync can put it back on your phone, i actually did this just yesterday after i reflashed my mogul
Old 08-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

What that makes no sense? So what the point of using activesync? I remember using Palm Hotsync , it would save everything by itself!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you want the conspiracy theory answer: its because microsoft wants you to buy more software so they can make more money
the point of activesync is just to be a bridge for your device to your computer. it can be used to install stuff and enable file explorer to access your device but that's about it on it's own.
palm went the extra mile and included the palm desktop (i think that's what its called) which is actually a separate piece of software, but they threw it in anyway.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
if you want the conspiracy theory answer: its because microsoft wants you to buy more software so they can make more money
the point of activesync is just to be a bridge for your device to your computer. it can be used to install stuff and enable file explorer to access your device but that's about it on it's own.
palm went the extra mile and included the palm desktop (i think that's what its called) which is actually a separate piece of software, but they threw it in anyway.
yea that is what it is exactly called. my bro has the 755 and I clown him for not having a windows phone. Now he is clowning me. Palm Desktop syncs everything!!

So all in all my files and contacts are lost?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

sorry but pretty much, unless outlook is magically on your computer and happened to receive everything
Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

PPCPimBackup FTW!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc-6800
Carrier: Cricket

Aok-knight is a n00b

I don't want to start a new thread for this, I hope someone has the answer for me..
I just reinstalled windowxp on my laptop. After installing Activesync it connected the phone just like it should but after it started syncing it popped up a message saying I don't have outlook installed on my pc. It only can sync the files but not my contacts. I have out look installed. If I can't sync my contacts and emails than why the hell I need this for. Any help? Please....
Old 08-31-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yes you need Outlook to sync your contacts unless you wanna use PIMBackup to back them up as well as a few other things. Why do you need AS if you do not have Outlook? Because that it how you will transfer things from your PC to your PPC if you do not have a card or card reader.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan