PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery drains Immediately

I've come across something strang that I've never found in any other device. I have the Mugen 3600mah extended battery (I KNOW, I should have gotten the Seido, lol). Immediately upon unplugging it, it drops from 100% to 96%. It has gotten worse too, it used to drop to 98%. This is after charging it for 8+ hours too, so I know that it has had long enough.

I have two possible theories for why this happens...

1) The Mugen battery sucks
2) The phone is not "trained" to read the extended battery. I should let it drain to 0% and then fully recharge it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started
Re: Battery drains Immediately

The charger you are using might not be able to fully charge the battery no matter how long you have it connected. I am guessing it is not the HTC OEM charger you are using?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Tweety...Bear (chick)
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

TweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on repTweetyBear is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TweetyBear Send a message via Yahoo to TweetyBear

battery in 1% increments are not exact. i have oem battery and after full charge it goes down to like 97-96%. as long as the battery can last a day for me, it's good. the 1% increments in faulty i think.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:14 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Most of the time, its just a crappy battery. The phone should be able to read what type of battery, if anything after the first charge and drain it would "learn".

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

It is the original OEM charger that came with the phone. The battery I am having this issue with is the extended Mugen 3600mah one. If I plug it back in after unplugging it and let it charge for another 15 minutes and then unplug it it will read 100%. I do not have this issue when I use the Original battery. That would seem to indicate that the extended battery is the issue, but is it possible that the phone was "programmed" to accurately read only the OEM 1500mah one that comes with the phone?

Littlerichie, I also have a Motorola Mini USB charger as well as the USB connector that can also charge the phone. Ought I try charging the battery via one of those and see if this issue comes up?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I usually charge slowly using my computer. It makes batteries last longer.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul>TP2>Huawei Ascend Android 2.1
Carrier: Sprint, MetroPCS

bluegerman is a n00b

Sometimes my battery does not last long enough, and what I do is take a piece of paper and fold it several times to form a tip, then clean the battery contacts with the tip, and the phone contacts with flat paper. This somehow makes the battery last a bit longer and solves the Unknown battery massage in the 3 Moguls we own in the family. I do this every 2 weeks or so (don't know if is humidity related, I live in South Bay area in California.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan