PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus
Came up with a cool use for the Card Export program and the Xbox 360!

From the title alone you may already know where this is going If you don't have Card Export, and you DO have a MicroSD card - get it!

If you have a xbox 360, you may know that you can plug USB Mass storage devices (USB Hard drives, flash drives, mp3 players, etc) into any of it's USB ports, and the 360 will stream media (Photos, videos, and audio) off it. It's quality is great, and it streams video / photos in high definition - up to 1080p (and with the fall update, it will do 1680 x 1050 to on VGA for 22" widescreen monitors etc). With audio - it does nice visualizatons too, and if you hit the "guide" button while in a game you can control the music too to provide your own background music (it also allows for independent volume adjustment, track changing, etc etc). It's real slick...

Well it dawned on me when I plugged in my phone to my 360 via mini USB to charge it, that if I flipped Card Export on, the phone's MicroSD card becomes a USB mass storage device... got curious and, sure enough, if you enable Card Export while it's hooked up to a 360, you can stream media of the MicroSD!!!

It works GREAT just like any other mass storage device! Now all the Picture's I've saved on my phone I can view on the TV in HD, plus all the MP3's etc I've saved on their I can play thru my surround

Only thing that didn't work that I hoped it would, was 3g2 / 3gp cellphone video. No go on that. Oh well. It will play the other video format though yay!

I guess this isn't much of a hack, just putting two and two together, but maybe someone else can use this idea
Say thanks if applicable
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Came up with a cool use for the Card Export program and the Xbox 360!

Pretty cool idea. I never thought of connecting the two.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

I could never get card export to work, windows would recognize my phone, but for some reason I could never access it, what version of card export are you using?
Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkhatiby009 View Post
I could never get card export to work, windows would recognize my phone, but for some reason I could never access it, what version of card export are you using?
ver 3.13, latest off their site. I know earlier builds were problematic with the Titan. I'd try the new build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan