PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
20270 ROM deleting messages!!

I have searched all over checked the chat rooms and still can't find an answer...

The problem started about 2 weeks ago when I flashed to the 20270 rom. What it is doing is deleting at random my emails, mms, and sms messages. I've noticed that it usually occurs during a soft reset, but I have also noticed that it deletes emails during a send/recieve...

Basically what happens is if you send me an sms/mms and say an hour later I soft reset that message is gone... If you send me an email on the next send recieve that message is gone...

I reflashed last night and then again this morning... The problem still presists. Everyone that I have spoke with in the chat rooms that is also running the 20270 don't have this problem.

I am using POP3 for email and whatever the default settings are for sms and mms. I haven't changed a thing. It appears to me somewhere there maybe a setting I'm either overlooking or something maybe I should have flashed??

I have a 6800 on the Alltel network.

This problem never happened until I flashed to the 20270. When I ran on a stock Alltel Rom I never ran into anything like this. I also know that there are several other people who are running the 20270 and also don't have this problem. I have a co-worker who also flashed his 6800 to the 20270 and is also experiencing the problem.

Not sure what could be the cause... I have updated all files associated with the 20270 and BuildOS.

Is someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: 20270 ROM deleting messages!!

Let me also add that I do not have WMDC set to sync emails. So WMDC should have nothing to do with this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Nobody has anything? It seems like there should be something on this...
Old 08-13-2008, 02:51 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Nobody has anything? It seems like there should be something on this...
My suggestion is you should have posted this in 20270 kitchen thread that was started already when they released that build.....more than likely it is some kind of compatibility issue....never had that issue myself...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
My suggestion is you should have posted this in 20270 kitchen thread that was started already when they released that build.....more than likely it is some kind of compatibility issue....never had that issue myself...
I did that... However with 34+ pages no bodody is really discussing that... I too think it's either compatibility, or a setting...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had an issue with no2chem's 5066 ROM, it wouldn't sync until I killed wmplayer.exe. I flashed a newer ROM and it worked. Sometimes I will notice however that the last few text messages I have in my inbox will be deleted if I soft reset while texting, but not that many.

You may want to reflash and see what it does. But as a matter of curiosity, does it happen when you kill Outlook manually?
Old 08-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ok so I have reflashed again...

This time the emails hung around a day before deleting themselves. Thought I might have solved the problem. Just when I thought it was all fixed I was surprised with an empty email inbox. I checked the deleted folder and they are not there... I am not manually killing Outlook. i always have it running in the background.

This is extremely frustrating... Can't figure it out... I'm thinking about flashing to a DCD rom. The 20270 is working well I usually have about 18 mb of ram at any given time! However email problem is more than just OCD. I need to keep my emails on my phone. I really don't have anything out of what I would call the ordinary as apps from the kitchen and noted yesterday that there were updates to BuildOS and downloaded them and installed them.

If anyone has run into this problem PLEASE let me know. I would really like to stop flashing my phone... At least until the next WM build is released.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan