PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cannot get activesync to stop loading!!!

i have flashed my phone over and over and over but i cannot get a/s to stop loading every time i open email or launch internet explorer...any way to keep it from loading? the whole adding a new server changing it to manual thing doesnt seem to work for me.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Re: cannot get activesync to stop loading!!!

If i recall correctly, you can't get rid of it. If you ever connect your phone to the PC, then that has to come up. Using NueRom (no2chem's rom) you have 3 options, 2 activesync's and 1 usb flash drive option. With that activesync is not needed...

But if you run outlook or other MS based software that has connectivity it'll most likely keep popping up every once in a while.

I hope that's right :P

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b

does leaving AS open all the time drain the battery? wow, this is sooo annoying. i don't get the suggestion you gave, ghettobsd.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

No it don't drain the battery. The best thing I can think of is tell it not to sync via USB.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangness View Post
does leaving AS open all the time drain the battery? wow, this is sooo annoying. i don't get the suggestion you gave, ghettobsd.
u cud try activetweak..my homeboy said he had it on his titan
Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

2 easy steps to fix it.

one involves disabling the reprloge.exe(sp) notification that will activate it to update the time on your mogul whenever it feels like. You can do that with dotfred task manager. Go to the notifications setting you will see there are 3 of the same file click the edit button on each to find out witch one is ties to the time then cancel outa that and go to the bottom and click the disable.

Then the other step is in the registry witch can still be edited with dotfred task manager. go to hklm current user\software\microsoft\activesynsc edit the line that says keepalive from a 1 to a 0 make sure you close activesync manually b4 edditing the registry. Close dotfred wait 60 seconds soft reset...

Now it will not come back on its own unless u hook to a pc that has activsync running or wm device center. If using a no2chem rom just change the setting to mass storage. you can also install the no2chem cab that will add the mass storage popup.

If you have to use activesync for anything it will change the keepalive back to a 1. Just repeat the change back to a 0 and waot 60 sec then soft reset.

It would be nice if there was a mortscript that could be run after needing activesync that auto changes it back to a 0 and flushes the registry to the disk. No need for softreset then.

Sorry for the bad spelling its late for me and i am 2 tired to try and proof read this post. I feel the op will get the point and be able to do this as it only takes about 1-2 min the first time to do and about 30 seconds once you know where to go.

If you manually start activsync yourself or hook to a pc that will connect and sync automatically activsync feels the need to change itself to always run when it feels like even if you don't have push e-mail or anything setup on the divice to trigger it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work

activewsync pops up constantly because it luvs you... and is a stalker. i'm flattered whenever someone/something stalks me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan