PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help!!!

I just got my Titan. I am trying to flash a new rom to it. It will boot up to the align screen then lock up. No matter how many different roms I try this is the result. What gives?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: Help!!!

Try the 3-button hard reset... Hold down both soft-keys and the reset button at the same time, and then follow the directions on the screen from there. And also, DO NOT go back down from the 3.xx (GPS) ROM to a pre-GPS ROM as it is unsafe and will brick your device.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 08-11-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I've tried that. Sometimes it will let me align the screen and then the screen turns white and does nothing. Is there a program that is locking up the phone? Should I try eliminating programs to see if it will remedy the problem?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Try the 3-button hard reset... Hold down both soft-keys and the reset button at the same time, and then follow the directions on the screen from there. And also, DO NOT go back down from the 3.xx (GPS) ROM to a pre-GPS ROM as it is unsafe and will brick your device.
another thing if its your first custom rom that you are flashing make sure you take out the battery for a min then hard reset. the two soft keys and the reset. and if you go from a kitchen to a No.2 Chem's 5050+ then you'll have to do the battery thing again then hard reset. make sure you hard reset after each flashing. this is what helps me and it might help you but your device your fault.
EDIT. do you have htc home installed in your rom? ive heard of this locking up devices. just thought id ask
~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50

Last edited by chevyforlife; 08-11-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Just the HTC Home Plugin locks up the 6800s with 6.1 stock roms.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Let me count thy wounds

And if the device still continues to give you issues after the problem persists, what I would do as a last resort if I can't take it anymore is take it to an Alltel store that's also a repair center and try to get it swapped if I can't get it fixed. I did the same thing with my last mogul that had a non-functional WiFi switch.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:08 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
I just got my Titan. I am trying to flash a new rom to it. It will boot up to the align screen then lock up. No matter how many different roms I try this is the result. What gives?
Enter BL and post back with numbers on the screen......

Also when you boot get the numbers in red on the first screen.....for radio and rom info......lets see where you are at to make sure you having everything in place....
Old 08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I did indeed have the HTC Home on my rom. I will try another without it and see.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Enter BL and post back with numbers on the screen......

Also when you boot get the numbers in red on the first screen.....for radio and rom info......lets see where you are at to make sure you having everything in place....
BL #'s are:
Tita100 MFG
SPL-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9

Boot screen #'s in red:
M 09
B 03
P DCAAXAM-435OH
R 03.37.20
D 3.49
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
BL #'s are:
Tita100 MFG
SPL-2.40.Olipro
CPLD-9

Boot screen #'s in red:
M 09
B 03
P DCAAXAM-435OH
R 03.37.20
D 3.49

Yep you should be working then.......try like they said above with removing HTC home....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan