PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 12:39 AM
iCT
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC6800 -- Model # TITA100
Carrier: Sprint

iCT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New to WM & PPC's, I don't know where to start.

Hi. I'm new to all of the PPC stuff. I've owned a Mogul for a week or two now. Someone stole my last phone, which was a freebie, so I decided I would upgrade. For the longest time everyone was telling me that Moguls were junk, however, I really beg to differ. I love my phone. In the words of Peter Griffin (Family Guy) it's "Freakin' Sweet!"

Anyway. I want to know what I should do with my phone, as in upgrades. I would like to know where to start. I was told that you can get some stuff here for MMS and whatnot. That sounds kind of basic and not too hard, but I also had someone tell me one of their friends went to the extent of getting a Sling Box and watching TV on their phone. I don't know if that's truly possible, but if it is it sounds rather advanced, complex, and time consuming. Lol. I would just like to have a few games maybe, and I have a lot on my PC for phones, but they're all .jar files. I'd also like to have GPS, not just audio.

I need to update my phone, I know that much. It's a little out dated. I also bought it off eBay.

As of current:
I've lost both included stylus. The first one I can see how, the second fell out of my phone some how. It's $20 just to order 3, plus S&H. So I think since I've already dropped my phone, I'm just going to use my insurance and get a new phone. >>> Scratch that $20... just found 2 for $5 on Amazon. =)

Phone Specs:
WM6 Pro
CE OS 5.2.1629 (Build 18136.0.4.8)
ROM Version: 3.35.651.2
ROM Date: 02/22/08
Radio Version: 3.35.04
... Pretty sure you don't need the rest.

Qualcomm 7500 400MHz
64MB RAM
17.02MB OS Program Memory
46.98 Program Memory - 24.48MB Used, 22.51MB Free
256MB Flash
- OS 105.03MB
- Storage 150.97MB
- 27.95MB Used
- 123.02MB Free

Total noob question, but why is an HTC Mogul also called the Titan, and look so much like phones carried by other cellular providers? My own thoughts on the second half of my question would be that they are made just slightly different for other providers, considering that the manufacturer is the same.

Overall, I just wanna know what I should put on it, and where I should look to learn whatever basics I should know. I don't wanna go all out. I've browsed and seen some pretty cool stuff, but I don't wanna just "jump in" so to speak. Well, it's late, so thanks much in advance (regardless if you are able to or choose to help or not).

Old 08-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
Re: New to WM & PPC's, I don't know where to start.

Welcome to the best place to learn everything about PPC's. I would suggest that you click on the Mogul at the top of the website, there you will find everything Mogul, PPC6800 that you need. I would say, that you would want to upgrade to WM 6.1, maybe download Windows Live Search. Once you read through some posts you will want to put everything on your phone.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 08-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can do pretty much anything you want to do with this device. A lot of us make our own custom ROM's and a lot of us use custom ROM's made by other people. I have made a tutorial that will help you upgrade your phone if you want to do that. There are a lot of threads with applications and games. Most posted here are free. There are ways to watch TV, listen to XM radio, watch NFL, Watch Nascar and many others. You will "jump in". Once you see everything you can do with your device. Welcome to ppcgeeks and good luck! Take a look at my tutorial, it is linked in my signature.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 08-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome. Search.

Since i had a little to drink tonight so, I will answer a question, Tytn is the manufacturers name. Taco Bell here I come.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
iCT
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC6800 -- Model # TITA100
Threadstarter

iCT is a n00b

lol. wow, ya'll are fast. using my mogul now. the chime woke me up. anyway, thanks much. I just meant jump in as in bite off more than I can chew, at least at the moment. That's pretty cool this little thing may do all that.

I would search, a lot, I just don't have internet access at the house. using a phone isn't always practical, at least not for me. I will take your recommendation, and will upgrade to wm 6.1. just a quick question, but do those cell phone boosters that sstick under the battery really work? my signal gets pretty week at the house and around, unless i'm outside. (i love this keyboard. it's so much easier than a standard numerical keypad. (off topic) ... taco bell sounds good... think i'll go there now...
Old 08-10-2008, 03:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCT View Post
lol. wow, ya'll are fast. using my mogul now. the chime woke me up. anyway, thanks much. I just meant jump in as in bite off more than I can chew, at least at the moment. That's pretty cool this little thing may do all that.

I would search, a lot, I just don't have internet access at the house. using a phone isn't always practical, at least not for me. I will take your recommendation, and will upgrade to wm 6.1. just a quick question, but do those cell phone boosters that sstick under the battery really work? my signal gets pretty week at the house and around, unless i'm outside. (i love this keyboard. it's so much easier than a standard numerical keypad. (off topic) ... taco bell sounds good... think i'll go there now...
If you can get your cell signal to stabilize, check out WMWiFiRouter at the below link or search PPCGeeks for ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)...they allow you to hook your home computer to the Internet through your cell phone!

WMWiFiRouter

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan