PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 04:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

parrott84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Developers, No2Chem, others, is this possible?

Is there a way to create a program that would allow you to click a button and have it check all your email accounts for you and then beep or something when its done to let you know it is complete?

I usually have 4-5 email accounts set up on my Mogul at a time and sometimes I do a soft re-set or just randomly I want to check all my emails and not go into each account and click send or receive. Many times I have my accounts set up to automatically check at various times depending on the frequency that I use each account, but sometimes I have a second and would like to update all of them. Would this be possible? This would be a great addition to the NueTools...

Check out my new site: www.SquawkTalkWireless.com
Old 08-03-2008, 04:04 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: Developers, No2Chem, others, is this possible?

You could always aggregate your email to a single account...
Old 08-03-2008, 04:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I could, they are all very specific though and I would like to keep them separate. I just thought that pushing one button and having it check them all would be super convenient.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Well i can understand that, after all it was just a suggestion
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

Perhaps you could leverage Mortscript to do this. Worth looking into anyway....
Old 08-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

i know grondinm is very good with mortscript i think this might be possible with mortscript i would look him and ask him.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Why not just setup your accounts with xml and preset them to poll for mail every 30 minutes?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Why not just setup your accounts with xml and preset them to poll for mail every 30 minutes?
The timing isn't the issue, I have them set up for when I want them to go, one account is about once a day, one is every 2 hrs, one is 4 hrs, and one is an exchange server that I have set to manual because I get waaaay to many emails a day.

What I am looking for is this:
Once in a while I have down time and I want to get up to date on all the accounts, I thought it would be great to have the ability to select some sort of option/feature that would get all your accounts up to date.

Does anyone else feel this would be a great implementation?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrott84 View Post
Does anyone else feel this would be a great implementation?
Yes and No

Yes - Once you've set up your email to download @ a certain time, you must wait for the selected interval (unless all your email is pushed, in which case this doesn't apply) - however, should u have 'downtime' or 'a spare moment' and you want to check your email NOW rather than wait, you must individually select each account and then initiate the checking manually times number of email accounts. If you have several, something like this would be great!!!

No - personally i wouldn't use it
Old 08-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

I would use it. I also have several accts, and a couple are manual, mostly I check on a desktop for those, but you know sometimes you are waiting on a specific e-mail to come in...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan