PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: verizon

dontony is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with Storage Card asap Please

Hello Folks,

I have the stock verizon 6800 rom and yesterday I was downloading a file that was 165MB(The Dark Knight) to my memory card which is the 4GB MicroSDHC A data turbo, and had well over 2GB space free on it. In the middle of the download a message popped up that said there was not enough memory for the download to continue, and that low memory could cause for programs to run slow. So the download stopped on its own and then a message popped up that said "The file 'Storage Card' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." So i did a soft reset and that same message is the first thing that pops up first when booting up. I have tried taking the memory card out and putting it back in, and still nothing. I have the memory inserted on the phone right now and still the same message pops up when booting up. I have ALL my programs on the memory card, hence now non of them work because the phone is having this issue. How can I fix this problem? Thanx in advance for the help i hope receive.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:49 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: Help with Storage Card asap Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontony View Post
Hello Folks,

I have the stock verizon 6800 rom and yesterday I was downloading a file that was 165MB(The Dark Knight) to my memory card which is the 4GB MicroSDHC A data turbo, and had well over 2GB space free on it. In the middle of the download a message popped up that said there was not enough memory for the download to continue, and that low memory could cause for programs to run slow. So the download stopped on its own and then a message popped up that said "The file 'Storage Card' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." So i did a soft reset and that same message is the first thing that pops up first when booting up. I have tried taking the memory card out and putting it back in, and still nothing. I have the memory inserted on the phone right now and still the same message pops up when booting up. I have ALL my programs on the memory card, hence now non of them work because the phone is having this issue. How can I fix this problem? Thanx in advance for the help i hope receive.

Is the card un-locked?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Is the card un-locked?
yea i believe so, i dont see a lock or unlock switch on the card and ive downloaded tons things on it since ive had it for a long time, but never a file that big, but how would i be able to tell if its locked or unlocked since it doesnt have a lock or unlocked thing on it??
Old 07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
yea i believe so, i dont see a lock or unlock switch on the card and ive downloaded tons things on it since ive had it for a long time, but never a file that big, but how would i be able to tell if its locked or unlocked since it doesnt have a lock or unlocked thing on it??
It should have it on the side edge....sometimes it can get moved by accident...if that is not it...my only suggestion would be to place it in your PC and remove all the stuff you have that has been working and place it on the PC desktop (or wherever you like)......then reformat the card...then just cut and paste the files back to the card....
Old 07-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
It should have it on the side edge....sometimes it can get moved by accident...if that is not it...my only suggestion would be to place it in your PC and remove all the stuff you have that has been working and place it on the PC desktop (or wherever you like)......then reformat the card...then just cut and paste the files back to the card....
unfortunately, this card doesnt have a switch on the side, and another downside for me is that i dont have a sdch card reader for the card so i cant even move my files over to the computer, but i will go out and buy one lunch time to do as u suggested and move the files over to the PC and hopefully it will work. i'll post back after i do as you suggested. thanx for your help.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
unfortunately, this card doesnt have a switch on the side, and another downside for me is that i dont have a sdch card reader for the card so i cant even move my files over to the computer, but i will go out and buy one lunch time to do as u suggested and move the files over to the PC and hopefully it will work. i'll post back after i do as you suggested. thanx for your help.
the adapter does have the lock and unlocked switch on it, sorry for not realizing thats what you were reffering to, and the card is definetely unlocked since i never use the adapter due to the fact that i dont have the sdhc card reader
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Quote:
Hello Folks,

When you say downloading, are you meaning that it is downloaded straight from the internet to the PPC, or copying from another computer? If you are downloading it directly, since the PPC is processing the download and essentially copying it to the card when it is done, yes... it will run out of space fairly quickly. If you are copying from a PC to the card directly, then this would most likely be a card issue. If you are getting an error still after a fresh booth, this means that it tried to download the entire file, however large, onto the PPC, and when it reached the point where it failed, it stopped. So essentially, you have a partial file in a temp folder somewhere that is either taking up ALL of your freespace, or it is mis-reporting its file size. Find it and delete it, if you can. It should have the same filename as what you were downloading, so it should be easy to search for it. If you are completley locked out of your card, which it sounds like... I don't know what to tell you. Reformat and start over I suppose.

On a side note, I don't know how others feel about the subject, but since we are so big about not sharing copyrighted software on this site, in my opinion, downloading movies illegally is essentially the same thing. Next time just say you were downloading "a big file." lol

Last edited by arparent; 07-31-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

"Not a trusted certificate"....Could that be a DRM issue with the movie you were trying to load onto the card?

David
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arparent View Post
When you say downloading, are you meaning that it is downloaded straight from the internet to the PPC, or copying from another computer? If you are downloading it directly, since the PPC is processing the download and essentially copying it to the card when it is done, yes... it will run out of space fairly quickly. If you are copying from a PC to the card directly, then this would most likely be a card issue. If you are getting an error still after a fresh booth, this means that it tried to download the entire file, however large, onto the PPC, and when it reached the point where it failed, it stopped. So essentially, you have a partial file in a temp folder somewhere that is either taking up ALL of your freespace, or it is mis-reporting its file size. Find it and delete it, if you can. It should have the same filename as what you were downloading, so it should be easy to search for it. If you are completley locked out of your card, which it sounds like... I don't know what to tell you. Reformat and start over I suppose.

On a side note, I don't know how others feel about the subject, but since we are so big about not sharing copyrighted software on this site, in my opinion, downloading movies illegally is essentially the same thing. Next time just say you were downloading "a big file." lol
yea i was trying to download the file from rapidshare link directly to my ppc, when it gave me the ran out of memory message. So wat your saying is that the ppc cant download a file that big? is there a way aroung it? and i checked the temp file and nothing there. and like you said yes it looks like ive been locked out of the storage card because its on the ppc and yet it says that it is not installed. i will attempt to reformat the card after i go buy the card reader and hopefully that will work. And thanx for the tip, i'll keep that in mind about just saying "a big file" next time.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

dontony is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
"Not a trusted certificate"....Could that be a DRM issue with the movie you were trying to load onto the card?

David
wat do you mean by a DRM issue?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan