PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint PPC6800 Sucessfully flashed to Metropcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
Text, Calls, Internet, Phone As Modem, Google maps and Live search... Unlimited talking and 45 bucks per month, why should I want more?

I have been seeing signs for metroPCS in my area for $40 unlimited text and phone, how much is the internet package? Limits? Did you sign a contract? Speeds? evdo? rev. a?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mytouch
Carrier: tmobile

conejopr is a n00b

i tried to connect it by dialing *228 and they asked me for my esn and they say it has to be only # but my esn has # and letters
Old 08-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

OP...was jus wondering where u're from? Metropcs is the largest cell phone provider in metro Detroit right about now.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

welcome to the club, what rom did u flash to? a stock metropcs?

Old 08-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

there is no stock metropcs rom....metropcs doesn't sell pda's yet.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700
Threadstarter

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the 45 plan, unlimited internet is $ 5 a month, but internet for metropcs users is supposed to be just a simple thing that simple nokias or Rzrs can access, not full downloads, google maps, and other stuff we do with our phones. but it works , thanks to posts here with proxy and #777 stuff that i dont know whats called. No contracts, pay by month, 1X speed ( i dont know how different it is from EVDO or 3G ) i never had an internet phone till now.... It's kind of slow, but its good for me. The other day I used the Internet sharing program with my laptop and downloaded something @ 17kbps! not bad right?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
I have the 45 plan, unlimited internet is $ 5 a month, but internet for metropcs users is supposed to be just a simple thing that simple nokias or Rzrs can access, not full downloads, google maps, and other stuff we do with our phones. but it works , thanks to posts here with proxy and #777 stuff that i dont know whats called. No contracts, pay by month, 1X speed ( i dont know how different it is from EVDO or 3G ) i never had an internet phone till now.... It's kind of slow, but its good for me. The other day I used the Internet sharing program with my laptop and downloaded something @ 17kbps! not bad right?
Well, if it was kbps and not KBps, then that means you get 2.5KBps, which means 1MB for every about 500 seconds...
Old 08-03-2008, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am in south Florida, people here refer to metro PCS as Metro Piece of S***. I have to agree that their customer service and their signal is not as good as a verizon for example, but i'm with them since they came to south FLa like 7 years ago. I have no complaints. Their problem is that their phones just sucks... I used to like the Nokias but now they dont even have that. They sell stupids MotoKRZR or RAZR for about 200, 300 depending on the phone and other carriers have for 29 sometimes.... so thats the bad part, and this is where my needs to have a pda like a Mogul started. there's no ROM for metro, so I used the kitchen and cooked a Verizon rom. I came back showing "EV" and saying welcome to america roaming something, so i downloaded a PRL from the corolada page and updated the phone using the ##778 thing. , rebooted and then the phone showed 1X right away and like magic the phone was into metropcs' network!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry i mean 17K ... on limewire , what u see next to the download status. a 3.5Mb mp3 came in about 6, 7 minutes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch

Twistys is a n00b

I'd like some info in flashing to metro pcs.
I have a Sprint Touch and would like to flash it over to avoid the purchase of a new 'crappy' phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan