PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   why wont my internet explorer let me do certain stuff??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33516)

m_reyna_16 07-30-2008 11:21 PM

why wont my internet explorer let me do certain stuff???

i know its not a computer and that is not exactly the same, here is my story....

i would get on myspace and not let me accept comments. also, i would get on the ppcgeeks.com site and will not let me post a thread/reply. after i saw several people post that the could do these things, i just had to know what the problem is. any suggestions???

arparent 07-30-2008 11:30 PM

Re: why wont my internet explorer let me do certain stuff???

Which rom version are you running? PIE is slightly different in the latest 6.1 rom than in previous versions, mostly due to the 'zoom out' feature. I am running 6.1 and haven't had any problems with either myspace mobile, or ppcgeeks.

m_reyna_16 07-30-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arparent (Post 366376)
Which rom version are you running? PIE is slightly different in the latest 6.1 rom than in previous versions, mostly due to the 'zoom out' feature. I am running 6.1 and haven't had any problems with either myspace mobile, or ppcgeeks.

im running the new sprint rom

arparent 07-30-2008 11:57 PM

Well, I'm out of ideas at this point... anyone else with the same issue?

p-slim 07-31-2008 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 366392)
im running the new sprint rom

you may want to reflash the rom on there, that would be the only thing i can suggest. That is not a common problem witht the rom, so most people will not be experiencing anything like that.

beefcakeb0 07-31-2008 04:12 AM

for a while i couldnt post on this forum..... change the skin on the bottom of the page. my girlfriend had a problem with myspace just make sure your using mobile version sometimes the full pc version bogs mine down dont know bout every one else...
hope this helps :)

The Doctor 07-31-2008 06:56 AM

Pocket Internet Explorer isn't capable of using the WYSIWYG editor under this forum's user options.Change to a lesser editor and it will let you post from PIE. :)

Darkjedi 08-02-2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 366364)
i know its not a computer and that is not exactly the same, here is my story....

i would get on myspace and not let me accept comments. also, i would get on the ppcgeeks.com site and will not let me post a thread/reply. after i saw several people post that the could do these things, i just had to know what the problem is. any suggestions???

I have trouble logging into the full version of facebook using PIE. I don't use myspace or post on ppcgeeks on my phone so I wouldn't know about the latter. I use skyfire whenever I want to see the full sized versions of websites anyway though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arparent (Post 366376)

hahah wow, I didn't even realize there was a zoomout function in the new PIE, but since PIE doesn't load pages like desktops anyway doesn't work as well as one would hope.

ScruffyDuffles 08-02-2008 12:42 PM

I've noticed I couldn't post/reply to messages on here or log into facebook from my Mogul since the upgrade to the new Sprint rom.

reeg420 08-02-2008 12:46 PM

I havent used PIE in a long time..

Check out other browsers like Opera 9.5, Skyfire, or Opera Mini(runs in java).

ScruffyDuffles 08-02-2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reeg420 (Post 369093)
I havent used PIE in a long time..

Check out other browsers like Opera 9.5, Skyfire, or Opera Mini(runs in java).

Will do. Which out of the 3 would you say has the best ease of use and user-friendliness? Oh, and price too. If it ain't free then I ain't kcufin wit it, haha.

reeg420 08-02-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruffyDuffles (Post 369096)
If it ain't free then I ain't kcufin wit it, haha.

Hear that...

All are free..
I like Opera 9.5...

Here is Opera 9.5
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=opera

Opera Mini
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=opera+mini

Skyfire is a invitation only app..
You need to register with them and when its your turn they send you the cab..Not sure if it is still that way but that how it was a couple of months ago.

Heres that link
http://www.skyfire.com/

Spimoles 08-02-2008 01:33 PM

Opera Mini is free and a quick browser to use. File access which means you can upload files to the web and the rendering is done server-side so quick browsing for you.Its downside is that it can be a pain to get to (Open Java->click applications -> Lanch Opera Mini) That being said I still use it a lot

Opera Mobile 9.5is free(for now) and also quick rendering, looks great and great browsing. It's downside is that its still in beta so its verry buggy being this is only build1. Gets a low memory notification after 5-10minutes of browsing.

I can't speak for Skyfire because I haven't been able to d/l it but its free as well but its also just a beta build.I believe you have to receive and invite to d/l it.

ScruffyDuffles 08-02-2008 02:02 PM

Yo, I forgot all about Skyfire. I signed up toward the beginning of the year and I downloaded it while I still had my Treo 700wx. I just logged in to their site and downloading the right version for the Mogul. We'll see how this browser is.

yznhmr 02-01-2009 11:23 AM

ok so im an idiot.. I DL the Opera, but cant fig out how to install it.. anybody?

demonlordoftheround 02-01-2009 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yznhmr (Post 682330)
ok so im an idiot.. I DL the Opera, but cant fig out how to install it.. anybody?

If you downloaded a cab, transfer the file to your phone. Then use file explorer on the phone, tap on the file, and it self installs. If the file is an exe, run the file on a pc connected to the phone using activesync or WMDC.

yznhmr 02-02-2009 10:19 AM

its not a cab.. its a .jad file and a .jar file, neither of which my phone recognises, does any one have a .cab?

crazychef 02-02-2009 01:06 PM

goto the bottom of the page, ppc is in marvel2, change to mobile and u can post but the site looks jankie as hell if u wanna stay with PIE..

otherwise +1 for the Operas and skyfire

yznhmr 02-02-2009 05:05 PM

please help?
cant do a .jar or .jad file , any one know why?
Do i need a Java applet or something
?

bbsandkm 02-04-2009 11:00 AM

x2 for opera mini- fast fast fast. did i say fast?

MrObvious 02-04-2009 12:41 PM

Yeah you need Java for Opera Mini. You could use Opera Mobile which I think is great.

MikeElGiga23 02-04-2009 01:08 PM

thats easy..... cuz it sucks

:laughing3: use Opera Mobile or skyfire and your troubles are over