PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 08:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel

kemptont is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Confused ???

Have been wanting the GPS functionality of my ALLTEL PPC6800 for awhile now. Just have not wanted to brick my phone. So today I am on the HTC.com website and find that they have a software update to
Rom:3.35.671.9
Radio:3.37.20

But no link on the site for the RUU. Has all these warnings about syncing your files. Well I installed Windows Mobile Device Center and attempted to sync. Phone kept erroring out saying it could not reach exchange server. Well i dont have email on my phone so i unchecked the option of syncing email. Attempt to sync again.

Pop up asks me if failures occur which do i decide:
Receive on my phone
Keep on my phone

I chose keep on my phone and sync completes!

Files from My Documents, Pictures, Ringtones and Videos are synced. NO CONTACTS. AND NOW ALL CONTACTS ON MY PHONE ARE ERASED!!!!!! WTF

Is there a way to restore my 240+ contacts?
And where is the real like for the rom and radio upgrade for ALLTEL?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: Confused ???

Dotfred's PIM Backup would've been the perfect answer for ya, but since you didn't do any form of wireless backup, there's nothing that can be reversed at all. Sorry man. It also states somewhere near the instructions that ROM updates wipe out the device and sets it to factory default settings.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kemptont is a n00b

I didnt get to do any ROM updates because the RUU link wasn't available on the site. I was just prepping for the update. where can i find the program your talking about for backing up?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

at the top of this page the 2nd tab from the right, click it. Isn't the ROM on the HTC site an exe file?

Last edited by jason25; 07-31-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kemptont is a n00b

WOW! thanks! so helpful! you just search the threads looking to be a smart ***? And if you read my WHOLE THREAD. you would see that the HTC.COM/US/SUPPORT... has the information about the upgrade but no link to download the RUU. R-E-A-D!!!

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 07-30-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: masking profanity
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemptont View Post
WOW! thanks! so helpful! you just search the threads looking to be a smart @$$? And if you read my WHOLE THREAD. you would see that the HTC.COM/US/SUPPORT... has the information about the upgrade but no link to download the RUU. R-E-A-D!!!

Wow relax bro....he was just trying to help!!!
Old 07-30-2008, 09:51 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kemptont is a n00b

I know how to use the search function! not my first forum. He told me about a program. I was just asking HIM if he could point me in the right direction. and MR. CUBBIES decides to post. =D>
Old 07-30-2008, 09:53 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
I know how to use the search function! not my first forum. He told me about a program. I was just asking HIM if he could point me in the right direction. and MR. CUBBIES decides to post. =D>
So really you just don't like the Cubs....lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
SEARCH. took me 5 minutes.

edit: just to be a smart @$$, link is in post #1
Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

http://www.dotfred.net/

the very first download link is where you wanna go to. and for everyone else, please keep it on topic and keep it friendly.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan