PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Confused ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemptont View Post
Have been wanting the GPS functionality of my ALLTEL PPC6800 for awhile now. Just have not wanted to brick my phone. So today I am on the HTC.com website and find that they have a software update to
Rom:3.35.671.9
Radio:3.37.20

But no link on the site for the RUU. Has all these warnings about syncing your files. Well I installed Windows Mobile Device Center and attempted to sync. Phone kept erroring out saying it could not reach exchange server. Well i dont have email on my phone so i unchecked the option of syncing email. Attempt to sync again.

Pop up asks me if failures occur which do i decide:
Receive on my phone
Keep on my phone

I chose keep on my phone and sync completes!

Files from My Documents, Pictures, Ringtones and Videos are synced. NO CONTACTS. AND NOW ALL CONTACTS ON MY PHONE ARE ERASED!!!!!! WTF

Is there a way to restore my 240+ contacts?
And where is the real like for the rom and radio upgrade for ALLTEL?
First, I understand that you are stressed by losing your contacts; but if you post asking for help, don't attack those trying to help you just because they may not have been able to infer everything you wanted them to from your post. You made what appears to have been a newbie mistake, so naturally the first responses you got were at a newbie level. Now isn't it nice that people here are still trying to help you despite your attitude?

In my version of WMDC, the wording is different from what you posted; it asks whether, in case of a conflict, to "Replace items on device" or "Replace items on desktop". That is asking which direction you want to copy items. You chose to copy from the desktop to the device; since the contacts file on your desktop was empty, you copied that empty file onto your device.

Prior to synching, did you use any method to backup the information on your device? If you used SPB or Sprite Backup to back up your phone data, or PIMBackup or Dashwire to backup your contacts and calendar items, or any similar backup application, you can recover your contacts from there. If not, you are in the same position in regards to your contacts and calendar items as if you had lost your phone, or it broke, or it decided to spontaneously hard reset; you must recreate them from scratch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

kemptont is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakntyme View Post
First, I understand that you are stressed by losing your contacts; but if you post asking for help, don't attack those trying to help you just because they may not have been able to infer everything you wanted them to from your post. You made what appears to have been a newbie mistake, so naturally the first responses you got were at a newbie level. Now isn't it nice that people here are still trying to help you despite your attitude?

In my version of WMDC, the wording is different from what you posted; it asks whether, in case of a conflict, to "Replace items on device" or "Replace items on desktop". That is asking which direction you want to copy items. You chose to copy from the desktop to the device; since the contacts file on your desktop was empty, you copied that empty file onto your device.

Prior to synching, did you use any method to backup the information on your device? If you used SPB or Sprite Backup to back up your phone data, or PIMBackup or Dashwire to backup your contacts and calendar items, or any similar backup application, you can recover your contacts from there. If not, you are in the same position in regards to your contacts and calendar items as if you had lost your phone, or it broke, or it decided to spontaneously hard reset; you must recreate them from scratch.
I do understand what u are saying about the WMDC. Except te contacts box was unchecked when i went back to the program due to me not entering in a reachable server. Thats where my confusion lies. im not getting into why i responded the way i did to jason25. yes it is very nice of people to continue helping me dispite my ARROGANCE. call me a newb because of my post count. But I was following exact instructions from HTC (THE CELLULAR PHONE MANUFACTURER AND DEVELOPER). Thank you though
Old 07-31-2008, 12:35 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try opening Microsoft Outlook and see if the contacts are there. If they are then go ahead and flash the ROM and it should work fine. After that you can use the cab file to unlock GPS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan