PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul loses Internet connectivity sporadically

I'm running the latest stock Sprint ROM (The one with WM 6.1 Pro) and have an issue with the 'Internet Sharing' program.

Shortly after I upgraded my ROM, I installed Total Commander and used its registry editing facilities to remove the 'extension' value from the Internet Sharing section of the registry and I also changed the registry to default to "Sprint PCS" instead of "Phone As Modem". So far, so good. Internet Sharing can connect via USB to my desktop with no issues, and without running PIE to initiate a data connection.

However, after several minutes (or hours), the data connection on my PC, while still showing that it is connected to the phone, will fail to find pages. In Firefox the status bar will say "Looking up www.google.com..." and will eventually timeout. This happens with any page that I try. On the phone, Internet Sharing says it is still connected. The EVDO icon is gone and in its place is a 1X icon. Sometimes, this can be remedied by using the Comm Manager to put the phone into flight mode and take it back out of flight mode, other times it never regains the EVDO icon. Occasionally, starting up PIE will restore the EVDO icon after a short wait. If that fails, I use QuickMenu to do a soft reset of the phone.

Any help would be appreciated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan