PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   basic mogul email question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33391)

photopsia 07-29-2008 08:48 PM

basic mogul email question

since updating with new rom i have had to set up my email accounts again on mogul. i previously had them set such that when i delete an email from the mogul it DOES NOT get deleted from the server. for the life of me cannot figure out how to do this again. please advise and thanks.

arparent 07-29-2008 08:56 PM

Re: basic mogul email question

In email setup, the second to last page that has the Automatic Send/Receive and Download Messages options, at the bottom is 'advanced settings.'

photopsia 07-29-2008 09:01 PM

lifesaver! thanks.

arparent 07-30-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by photopsia (Post 364856)
lifesaver! thanks.

You are welcome.

cwickberg 07-31-2008 09:57 AM

Have a follow up question...I seem to loose all my emails that i receive on my Mogul...I download them OK, but after a certain period of time, I lose all my emails ( not that i sync) I have the box checked to not delete them from the server and have the it set to delete "manually"...

I also can not seem to "rereceive" them...as a stop gap measure, I had my office "resend" them to me . but have since lost them as well...

Please advise if there is a setting I have wrong on the mogul or Outlook...( not using Exchange...just a small business with Outlook 2003

arparent 07-31-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwickberg (Post 366712)
Have a follow up question...I seem to loose all my emails that i receive on my Mogul...I download them OK, but after a certain period of time, I lose all my emails ( not that i sync) I have the box checked to not delete them from the server and have the it set to delete "manually"...

I also can not seem to "rereceive" them...as a stop gap measure, I had my office "resend" them to me . but have since lost them as well...

Please advise if there is a setting I have wrong on the mogul or Outlook...( not using Exchange...just a small business with Outlook 2003

Which email provider are you using? I had a simmilar experience with gmail. My emails would delete themselves on the next sync, because I was using POP3. Once the email was checked, gmail moved it to the "all mail" folder, essentially deleting it from the inbox, so on the next sync it was gone. I changed from POP3 to IMAP, and now all is well. Also, when they vanish from your mogul, are they still appearing on the email server?

cwickberg 07-31-2008 10:50 AM

Yes...I'm using POP3 My webhost and email for this account is Bluehost...Yes...the emails are not on the server...

It sounds like maybe IMAP$ is the answer...do i need to delete the old POP3 account from the mogul?

arparent 07-31-2008 11:15 AM

You can set up the IMAP as a different account. Once you have verified that it works, then delete the POP3 account.

cwickberg 07-31-2008 08:23 PM

Well...This did not solve the problem...It seems that everytime I "send/receive" it deletes all email...sent and inbox, whether it was read or not...I do not know if this is a Windows problem or Mogul problem