PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Poor service all around?

So I've been getting really bad reception on my Mogul (and my LG Fusic) in Chicago of all places, so I contacted Sprint, and this is what I was told:

5:43:42 PM Landis Where are you experiencing trouble?
5:43:55 PM You Zhou Chicago, I'm at the University of Chicago
5:43:59 PM You Zhou Zip 60637
5:45:19 PM You Zhou I get 0 signal in the wierdest of places: out in the middle of Bartlett Quads, I get no reception. In my dorm room I get no reception, in the library, gym, pretty much anytime I go indoors, my signal automatically drops even if other people still get 2-3 bars.
5:46:42 PM Landis I apologize. Sprint does not guarantee service in structures.

yeah....
Old 07-29-2008, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry
Re: Poor service all around?

Well it might kinda suck but ---> http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/29/s...le-nationwide/
Old 07-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkIX View Post
So I've been getting really bad reception on my Mogul (and my LG Fusic) in Chicago of all places, so I contacted Sprint, and this is what I was told:

5:43:42 PM Landis Where are you experiencing trouble?
5:43:55 PM You Zhou Chicago, I'm at the University of Chicago
5:43:59 PM You Zhou Zip 60637
5:45:19 PM You Zhou I get 0 signal in the wierdest of places: out in the middle of Bartlett Quads, I get no reception. In my dorm room I get no reception, in the library, gym, pretty much anytime I go indoors, my signal automatically drops even if other people still get 2-3 bars.
5:46:42 PM Landis I apologize. Sprint does not guarantee service in structures.

yeah....
This is true for most cellular carriers not just Sprint. The carriers can't guarantee that their signal is going to penetrate structures because the structures are made from different material that might not let the signal penetrate! So this is not surprise!!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:17 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrflurry View Post
thanks, good to know it's finally out...

I ran into this the other day and forgot to evernote, so it took for ever for me to find again, but looks like it might be a better option than the airave. (no monthly fee)

http://www.getcellranger.com/
Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: At&t

jrflurry is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jrflurry

I think that the airave is the best rip off ive ever heard of. $100 to buy the thing than a monthly charge to use it....come on sprint.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:06 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try a *228 and update the roaming and see if it helps. It's free and never hurts to check the PRL.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

kyppcgeek is keeping up the good workkyppcgeek is keeping up the good work

The fact is that some university campus's use cell phone jammers in buildings, I don't agree with it but they do.

Anyway it may also be possible that the building is built with material that the signal cannot penetrate and therefore he loses signal.

The Airwave is nothing more than a signal repeater, so if the receptions sucks where you are, then it may not be much help at all.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyppcgeek View Post
The Airwave is nothing more than a signal repeater, so if the receptions sucks where you are, then it may not be much help at all.
The Airave connects to your broadband connection, and acts as a mini-cell tower that then transmits your call over the internet to Sprint where it is converted back to the phone system...not at all like a signal repeater.

Quote:
With Sprint AIRAVE™, a winner of the 2008 PC World 25 Most Innovative Products Award, you'll enjoy enhanced wireless service in your home or office — even if there is no coverage. It's like having your own miniature cell tower with a coverage radius of up to 5,000 square feet.
Exclusive to Sprint, AIRAVE will be available for purchase at your nearest Sprint Store on 8/17.
Sprint AIRAVE

Last edited by bakntyme; 07-30-2008 at 02:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan