PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Edubz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text blocker?

Anyone know a text filter that works with the mogul and windows mobile 6.1?

I have tried smart block and smart filter sms light and have had no luck. They just don't seem to work, never tried them before I had 6.1 so I am not sure if that is the issue or not. Did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Text blocker?

i actually use a program for this...its called call-firewall...i posted a thread about it in the software section here on geeks a few months back...do a search for it u should find it on here...that particular version is alittle old its been updated about 3 times since then...but there is a link in the thread for the website and u can download the newest one from there....i use them program and it works well for blocking calls...i only have one number set to blocked sms so im not sure if that works aswell as the call blocker part of the program...but what i can say is i havent gotten anymore text from thae number i have set lol...hope this helps
Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

the sprint website lets you block sms. I have not tried this, but it's there.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

The only thing I found good about the sprint text blocker is that it marks your account so you can "correct" the bill later.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

Edubz is a n00b

i am gonna search for that app now, thanks caddie. I i use call block for blocking calls but it doesn't have an sms feature unfortunately. Maybe I can just replace it with that one.

I haven't logged onto the sprint site since they were having so many issues with it. the text blocking lets you do specific numbers only?
Old 07-30-2008, 03:02 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

here is the program i was talking about...i put it in a zip file and uploaded it for u...i went looking for the thread so i could post a link for u, once i found it i learned the site where i got this from is closed down...and i dont know where else to get this program from so ill just post the program directly on here...i hope its cool with the MODS since the program was free anyways (i think)
Attached Files
File Type: zip CallFirewall_V_1_4.zip (50.7 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan