PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

docdg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet sharing randomly disconnects

Hey gang I’ve used the search feature to no avail. Long story short I had a ppc 6700 with aku 3.5 and the Internet sharing worked flawlessly. I recently purchased a mogul and upgraded it to ROM 3.56 and applied the registry hacks ie: deleted extension.dll, disabled multi-nai, force cell connection sprint pcs instead of phone as modem, and finally last cell connection to sprint pcs. The problem I’m having is after connecting to internet sharing it randomly disconnects which is a no-no. Am I doing something wrong or does this phone/rom just suck. Btw I’m using the usb connection only and I’m not a fan of PDAnet. Any help will greatly be appreciated.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:30 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Internet sharing randomly disconnects

im on the same rom, i deleted the rilphone.dll and did the disable multi nai cab and the force connection to sprint pcs..... mine works fine. seems strange. i know i had issues before i flashed my new official rom with random disconnects, but i changed my usb cord and they went away.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

the92playboy is just getting started

I've used 2 roms so far (stock Bell Mobility rom and DCD's rom) and I have always had connection issues. The most annoying issue is the number of attempts to connect I have to make as it will fail the majority of the time.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Threadstarter

docdg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdd0512 View Post
im on the same rom, i deleted the rilphone.dll and did the disable multi nai cab and the force connection to sprint pcs..... mine works fine. seems strange. i know i had issues before i flashed my new official rom with random disconnects, but i changed my usb cord and they went away.

im using the same cable i used for the ppc6700
Old 08-01-2008, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700, PPC6800, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Boost

ExpletiveDeleted001 is just getting started

i have the same prob. Used to work great b4 the newest ROM.. i dunno what the prob is either.. After it disconnects active sync pops up so i just unplug my phone, close active sync and hit onnect the 6800 and plug back in and it works.. Strange tho... sometimes it takes hours.. othertimes a few mins to disconnect..
Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

Is it possible that ActiveSync, or the email checker, is forcing itself through by closing the Internet Sharing connection?
Old 08-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRP 2 - Treo 755

Grey Aliens is a n00b

I don't know if piggybacking is allowed. I did all the hacks and maybe I am not just getting it to work at all. Now that I read this post I notice that my active sync seems to always be on my vista pc. I can go to controlpanel and kill it but when I plug in the usb cable with the htc titan (touch) it comes back. I have been searching up and down for a simple tutorial that says step by step what to do.

Here is what I am doing
turn on HTC Titan (touch).
get on the internet on the htc titan
launch ICS on titan (it says check usb cable)
then I connect USB cable to laptop
then ICS will show connected
usually sync pops up on my vista laptop
even if sunc did not pop up? how do i tell the vista laptop to use the connection from the HTC? where do I go to configure that? that is another reason I am stuck..

thanls to all for your help. i will thank your post and move this post if necessary. i will donate next month (broke right now)
Old 08-03-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knewBee4lyfe

is the the phone screen off? basically mine used to do that. but i figured it wasn't random bc the phone would go to sleep dc'ing the connection. but since it dc's after it is asleep it wakes the phone back up. and so it kinda seems like it just does a random dc. turn off the backlight and make sure you turn off the battery save functions.
being a knew bee, im always learning stuff im forgetting, ADHD Sucks balls. i knew i should have listened to my mommy when she said drugs are bad... but i was never this bad at remembering stuff... anyways... learning, yea... ADHD makes me a person that writes long and useless stuff... anyways back to learning... i will be a new bee for life because by the time i understand something, im 2 updates behind. sorry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan