PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   None of my hard buttons work???? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33128)

shankun 07-26-2008 05:48 PM

None of my hard buttons work????

yesterday it all started. none of my hard buttons were working. i did a reset and also took my battery out. that fixed it, for about an hour. the only button that works is the power button. i went into settings and changed the key lock to not lock any keys and this still does not fix my problem. i called sprint they told me to call the store, so i called there. sprint store told me i had to call the insurance company, so now i am getting mad. i call sprint back and the lady i was talking to told me i would have to pay my $50 deductible, then she said I would not have to pay it and she would mark my account saying that. she put me on with the insurance department and that person was of no help to me. she told me that i would have to pay the $50 then they would send me a phone (if they had one). she told me about the on line replacement, i tried that and they dont have my phone in stock. i am really getting mad at this point. the tech is only at the store in my area 1 day a week and he/she is only there until 5. the last time i went to talk to this person i left work early to get there, show up at 4 and they told me that the tech was gone for the day. so what should i do? i just want a phone i can use. i do have the insurance on my phone. can someone give me any advice on how to get this problem fixed?

s4n3_0n3 07-26-2008 06:00 PM

Re: None of my hard buttons work????

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankun (Post 361605)
yesterday it all started. none of my hard buttons were working. i did a reset and also took my battery out. that fixed it, for about an hour. the only button that works is the power button. i went into settings and changed the key lock to not lock any keys and this still does not fix my problem. i called sprint they told me to call the store, so i called there. sprint store told me i had to call the insurance company, so now i am getting mad. i call sprint back and the lady i was talking to told me i would have to pay my $50 deductible, then she said I would not have to pay it and she would mark my account saying that. she put me on with the insurance department and that person was of no help to me. she told me that i would have to pay the $50 then they would send me a phone (if they had one). she told me about the on line replacement, i tried that and they dont have my phone in stock. i am really getting mad at this point. the tech is only at the store in my area 1 day a week and he/she is only there until 5. the last time i went to talk to this person i left work early to get there, show up at 4 and they told me that the tech was gone for the day. so what should i do? i just want a phone i can use. i do have the insurance on my phone. can someone give me any advice on how to get this problem fixed?

what rom are you on cause the rom i cooked up has that same problem all i did to fix it is go to the today screen press the messaging button / then the internet explorer /comm manager / camera / and what ever the other one is called under ok then go to start / settings / personal /buttons/ and make sure that all the buttons are asighned to something if not asign each one your self well thats what happen to me and thats how i fixed it hope this helps you

shankun 07-26-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 (Post 361617)
what rom are you on cause the rom i cooked up has that same problem all i did to fix it is go to the today screen press the messaging button / then the internet explorer /comm manager / camera / and what ever the other one is called under ok then go to start / settings / personal /buttons/ and make sure that all the buttons are asighned to something if not asign each one your self well thats what happen to me and thats how i fixed it hope this helps you

they are all assigned and it is an official htc rom. it was their last rom and just updated today to the new one. still the same problem. i just got off the phone with sprint again, and i am ready to tell them to go to hell with everything. i have had them ever since they came to this area, almost 9 years ago, guess that customer loyalty means nothing to them.

s4n3_0n3 07-26-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankun (Post 361681)
they are all assigned and it is an official htc rom. it was their last rom and just updated today to the new one. still the same problem. i just got off the phone with sprint again, and i am ready to tell them to go to hell with everything. i have had them ever since they came to this area, almost 9 years ago, guess that customer loyalty means nothing to them.

sprint wont do nothing but make you pay the 50 for another one theres no point in calling them i was searching all over the forums today and i think i saw a cab fix for that ill see if i could find it for you but another thing that you could try is reflash the rom unless i find that cab

shankun 07-26-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 (Post 361713)
sprint wont do nothing but make you pay the 50 for another one theres no point in calling them i was searching all over the forums today and i think i saw a cab fix for that ill see if i could find it for you but another thing that you could try is reflash the rom unless i find that cab

i did re-flash the rom, still did not work. if you can find that please let me know. tomorrow i plan on going to the sprint store and dropping off my phone and swapping the ens to my old blade until i get a new mogul.

s4n3_0n3 07-26-2008 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shankun (Post 361749)
i did re-flash the rom, still did not work. if you can find that please let me know. tomorrow i plan on going to the sprint store and dropping off my phone and swapping the ens to my old blade until i get a new mogul.

give this a try

shankun 07-26-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 (Post 361751)
give this a try

i will go and give this a try right now. will let you know.

shankun 07-26-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 (Post 361751)
give this a try

did not work. but thanks.

shaggylive 07-26-2008 09:21 PM

I would recomend going to the store, they should fix/replace for free if you have TEP, and it's not water marked or smashed up too bad. calling the store doesn't do much good other than to find out if/when a tech's there and how busy they are. (I think at the store near me they will even take "reservations", but I usually drop off and come back in an hour or 2 and it's waiting for me.

I say usually, but I really don't have that many problems with phones.

shankun 07-26-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 361768)
I would recomend going to the store, they should fix/replace for free if you have TEP, and it's not water marked or smashed up too bad. calling the store doesn't do much good other than to find out if/when a tech's there and how busy they are. (I think at the store near me they will even take "reservations", but I usually drop off and come back in an hour or 2 and it's waiting for me.

I say usually, but I really don't have that many problems with phones.

i do have TEP, it is a matter of getting there. the last time i went there the tech was working until 5, i got there at 4 and he already left for the day/week. they share the same tech with the stores in my area (2) and he travels where ever they need him. i cant go with out my phone and i cant take a day off to get my phone looked at and then they tell me they dont have one. i called the store to see when the tech was there and told them my problem they directed me to the insurance company and told me to have a nice day. basically they do not want to see me or my phone in their store. i am going there tomorrow and switching back to my blade until the tech can look at my phone and get me a new one.

shaggylive 07-26-2008 11:48 PM

yea, I find it ridiculous that your actually paying more for the inhouse repairs than the insurance, but they always point ppl that direction.. I guess I'm lucky that in my area the main store has always been pretty helpful, but in one of the newer corp stores in a suberb, the techs have bankers hours. all I can say is good luck, and I doubt the experience would have been much different with another carrier..

drm 07-27-2008 03:35 AM

Mine did the same thing last night I could not get any of the button to work except the power button. I finally remove the battery for about 5 min and put it back in and did a power off cycle on it and it seems to be working agian.

truckin720 07-27-2008 08:44 AM

I had the same problem last week. I have the insurance, so based off of what I read in this forum I took the phone in to Sprint. Before I brought it in I ran SPB backup and performed a hard reset and the buttons still didn't work. The Sprint tech could not fix the problem so they ordered a replacement. When I went in two days later, I performed another hard reset and the buttons all started working again!

I can't explain it, but it may be worth a try to backup, restore and repeat several times.

shankun 07-27-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckin720 (Post 362027)
I had the same problem last week. I have the insurance, so based off of what I read in this forum I took the phone in to Sprint. Before I brought it in I ran SPB backup and performed a hard reset and the buttons still didn't work. The Sprint tech could not fix the problem so they ordered a replacement. When I went in two days later, I performed another hard reset and the buttons all started working again!

I can't explain it, but it may be worth a try to backup, restore and repeat several times.

that is what happened to me on friday with it. i took the battery out and the buttons started working for about an hour or so. as for me, still no dice on the buttons working. had the battery out all night. going to sprint some time this afternoon with it.

GaMedic 07-27-2008 10:48 AM

If you have had the device for less than a year, they should replace it in the store or online with no payment at all. I made Verizon replace my phone 3 different times the first year I had my 6700. They didn't want to, but te device has a 12 month factory warranty.

shankun 07-27-2008 08:11 PM

well, i dropped it off today and the person at the store gave me a hard time. she said they dont take phones to be looked at, i must come when the tech is there. i looked at her and said, "look, this is how we are going to handle this, i am leaving the phone here, you are going to activate my a900. when the tech comes in on tuesday you will give him the phone and he will look at it. when he is done with looking at it he will call me to tell me when i can pick it up or pick up my new phone" then i explained about how i am getting the run-a-round with this phone. i will keep you posted about this.