PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

shankun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
None of my hard buttons work????

yesterday it all started. none of my hard buttons were working. i did a reset and also took my battery out. that fixed it, for about an hour. the only button that works is the power button. i went into settings and changed the key lock to not lock any keys and this still does not fix my problem. i called sprint they told me to call the store, so i called there. sprint store told me i had to call the insurance company, so now i am getting mad. i call sprint back and the lady i was talking to told me i would have to pay my $50 deductible, then she said I would not have to pay it and she would mark my account saying that. she put me on with the insurance department and that person was of no help to me. she told me that i would have to pay the $50 then they would send me a phone (if they had one). she told me about the on line replacement, i tried that and they dont have my phone in stock. i am really getting mad at this point. the tech is only at the store in my area 1 day a week and he/she is only there until 5. the last time i went to talk to this person i left work early to get there, show up at 4 and they told me that the tech was gone for the day. so what should i do? i just want a phone i can use. i do have the insurance on my phone. can someone give me any advice on how to get this problem fixed?
Old 07-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3
Re: None of my hard buttons work????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankun View Post
yesterday it all started. none of my hard buttons were working. i did a reset and also took my battery out. that fixed it, for about an hour. the only button that works is the power button. i went into settings and changed the key lock to not lock any keys and this still does not fix my problem. i called sprint they told me to call the store, so i called there. sprint store told me i had to call the insurance company, so now i am getting mad. i call sprint back and the lady i was talking to told me i would have to pay my $50 deductible, then she said I would not have to pay it and she would mark my account saying that. she put me on with the insurance department and that person was of no help to me. she told me that i would have to pay the $50 then they would send me a phone (if they had one). she told me about the on line replacement, i tried that and they dont have my phone in stock. i am really getting mad at this point. the tech is only at the store in my area 1 day a week and he/she is only there until 5. the last time i went to talk to this person i left work early to get there, show up at 4 and they told me that the tech was gone for the day. so what should i do? i just want a phone i can use. i do have the insurance on my phone. can someone give me any advice on how to get this problem fixed?
what rom are you on cause the rom i cooked up has that same problem all i did to fix it is go to the today screen press the messaging button / then the internet explorer /comm manager / camera / and what ever the other one is called under ok then go to start / settings / personal /buttons/ and make sure that all the buttons are asighned to something if not asign each one your self well thats what happen to me and thats how i fixed it hope this helps you
Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
what rom are you on cause the rom i cooked up has that same problem all i did to fix it is go to the today screen press the messaging button / then the internet explorer /comm manager / camera / and what ever the other one is called under ok then go to start / settings / personal /buttons/ and make sure that all the buttons are asighned to something if not asign each one your self well thats what happen to me and thats how i fixed it hope this helps you

they are all assigned and it is an official htc rom. it was their last rom and just updated today to the new one. still the same problem. i just got off the phone with sprint again, and i am ready to tell them to go to hell with everything. i have had them ever since they came to this area, almost 9 years ago, guess that customer loyalty means nothing to them.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff

Quote:
they are all assigned and it is an official htc rom. it was their last rom and just updated today to the new one. still the same problem. i just got off the phone with sprint again, and i am ready to tell them to go to hell with everything. i have had them ever since they came to this area, almost 9 years ago, guess that customer loyalty means nothing to them.
sprint wont do nothing but make you pay the 50 for another one theres no point in calling them i was searching all over the forums today and i think i saw a cab fix for that ill see if i could find it for you but another thing that you could try is reflash the rom unless i find that cab
Old 07-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

Quote:
sprint wont do nothing but make you pay the 50 for another one theres no point in calling them i was searching all over the forums today and i think i saw a cab fix for that ill see if i could find it for you but another thing that you could try is reflash the rom unless i find that cab
i did re-flash the rom, still did not work. if you can find that please let me know. tomorrow i plan on going to the sprint store and dropping off my phone and swapping the ens to my old blade until i get a new mogul.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
i did re-flash the rom, still did not work. if you can find that please let me know. tomorrow i plan on going to the sprint store and dropping off my phone and swapping the ens to my old blade until i get a new mogul.
give this a try
Attached Files
File Type: zip buttons Titan.zip (1.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

Quote:
give this a try
i will go and give this a try right now. will let you know.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

Quote:
give this a try
did not work. but thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:21 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I would recomend going to the store, they should fix/replace for free if you have TEP, and it's not water marked or smashed up too bad. calling the store doesn't do much good other than to find out if/when a tech's there and how busy they are. (I think at the store near me they will even take "reservations", but I usually drop off and come back in an hour or 2 and it's waiting for me.

I say usually, but I really don't have that many problems with phones.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
I would recomend going to the store, they should fix/replace for free if you have TEP, and it's not water marked or smashed up too bad. calling the store doesn't do much good other than to find out if/when a tech's there and how busy they are. (I think at the store near me they will even take "reservations", but I usually drop off and come back in an hour or 2 and it's waiting for me.

I say usually, but I really don't have that many problems with phones.
i do have TEP, it is a matter of getting there. the last time i went there the tech was working until 5, i got there at 4 and he already left for the day/week. they share the same tech with the stores in my area (2) and he travels where ever they need him. i cant go with out my phone and i cant take a day off to get my phone looked at and then they tell me they dont have one. i called the store to see when the tech was there and told them my problem they directed me to the insurance company and told me to have a nice day. basically they do not want to see me or my phone in their store. i am going there tomorrow and switching back to my blade until the tech can look at my phone and get me a new one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan