PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 11:48 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: None of my hard buttons work????

yea, I find it ridiculous that your actually paying more for the inhouse repairs than the insurance, but they always point ppl that direction.. I guess I'm lucky that in my area the main store has always been pretty helpful, but in one of the newer corp stores in a suberb, the techs have bankers hours. all I can say is good luck, and I doubt the experience would have been much different with another carrier..
Old 07-27-2008, 03:35 AM
drm
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

drm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Mine did the same thing last night I could not get any of the button to work except the power button. I finally remove the battery for about 5 min and put it back in and did a power off cycle on it and it seems to be working agian.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

truckin720 is a n00b

I had the same problem last week. I have the insurance, so based off of what I read in this forum I took the phone in to Sprint. Before I brought it in I ran SPB backup and performed a hard reset and the buttons still didn't work. The Sprint tech could not fix the problem so they ordered a replacement. When I went in two days later, I performed another hard reset and the buttons all started working again!

I can't explain it, but it may be worth a try to backup, restore and repeat several times.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin720 View Post
I had the same problem last week. I have the insurance, so based off of what I read in this forum I took the phone in to Sprint. Before I brought it in I ran SPB backup and performed a hard reset and the buttons still didn't work. The Sprint tech could not fix the problem so they ordered a replacement. When I went in two days later, I performed another hard reset and the buttons all started working again!

I can't explain it, but it may be worth a try to backup, restore and repeat several times.
that is what happened to me on friday with it. i took the battery out and the buttons started working for about an hour or so. as for me, still no dice on the buttons working. had the battery out all night. going to sprint some time this afternoon with it.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If you have had the device for less than a year, they should replace it in the store or online with no payment at all. I made Verizon replace my phone 3 different times the first year I had my 6700. They didn't want to, but te device has a 12 month factory warranty.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 07-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

shankun is a n00b

well, i dropped it off today and the person at the store gave me a hard time. she said they dont take phones to be looked at, i must come when the tech is there. i looked at her and said, "look, this is how we are going to handle this, i am leaving the phone here, you are going to activate my a900. when the tech comes in on tuesday you will give him the phone and he will look at it. when he is done with looking at it he will call me to tell me when i can pick it up or pick up my new phone" then i explained about how i am getting the run-a-round with this phone. i will keep you posted about this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan