PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 11:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL 8600, HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

hassanb85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
visual voicemail on mogul ?

Is there any application that allows you to view your voicemails ? ?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: visual voicemail on mogul ?

Voice Mail is stored on Sprint's server, and there's currently no standard way (such as an API or something) to access this information with an application.

In fact, the iPhone's visual VM system is propietary- it needs a special plan with AT&T to feed it the VM information since this can't be done normally. If you activate the iPhone on someone who doesn't carry them (like t-mobile), the visual VM feature won't work.

Sprint didn't have any special system in place for visual VM until the Instinct came along. I think the instinct, like the iphone, needs a special service plan. This special plan includes whatever extra protocols are needed to feed the visual VM info to their propietary application on the phone.

Perhaps if you had an instinct plan and swapped ESN to a Mogul, then someone could theoretically write an app to show you your messages and access them (if they could hack the protocols the instinct program uses).

There are alternatives, however. Some services, like GotVoice, will call your voice mail for you, record the messages as mp3's, and serve them to you via a mailbox. Then you could call this inbox "voice mail", and check all your voice mail like that.
There's also forward your voicemail to Skype since the WM skype has a visual voice mail system as well.
I don't think any of these are optimal solutions however, and will cost you a monthly fee.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL 8600, HTC Touch PRO
Threadstarter

hassanb85 is becoming a great contributor

thankx for the info.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Sramnath01 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sramnath01 Send a message via MSN to Sramnath01 Send a message via Yahoo to Sramnath01

thats was the best answer ever
Old 07-25-2008, 04:28 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Alltel has a Voice2Text setup that text messages you when you get a voicemail.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

I wish the one on Dashwire would work 4 us.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan