PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   help me plz (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32956)

youngprince3 07-24-2008 11:06 PM

help me plz

i want to upgrade me phone right now i have rom 2.06.00 and i want to get the latest sprint rom i have it downloaded and when i go to update my phone it does not read my rom version to begain with but it goes up to the point where it says update and when i hit the update bottom my phones goes dark and then light back up and trys to reconnect to the pc and by the way am using vista

Darkjedi 07-24-2008 11:38 PM

Re: help me plz

i remember reading somewhere that Vista has issues updating ROMs and its best to use a Windows XP PC to run the update. If you don't have a XP PC you can try installing from SD card.

You have to format the SD card a FAT32 format using a card reader or whatever and take the ROM update exe and open it using WinRAR. Find the file that ends in extension *.nbh, extract it and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh. Copy this into your SD card and run bootloader (power+camera+soft reset buttons) again from your phone and it should flash from your SD card.

p-slim 07-25-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkjedi007 (Post 359957)
i remember reading somewhere that Vista has issues updating ROMs and its best to use a Windows XP PC to run the update. If you don't have a XP PC you can try installing from SD card.

You have to format the SD card a FAT32 format using a card reader or whatever and take the ROM update exe and open it using WinRAR. Find the file that ends in extension *.nbh, extract it and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh. Copy this into your SD card and run bootloader (power+camera+soft reset buttons) again from your phone and it should flash from your SD card.

This is not true at all, at least for me. I have vista home premium 32 bit, i and update all the time, official roms, and cooked roms. On the other hand I have not experienced that problem at all, don't stop it, when it turns blank just wait and it should still go thru.

bkhoste 07-25-2008 12:24 AM

I found out with the lastest update that on Vista I cannot save the ROM and run it, I have to run it from the site to get it to work on Vista.

Darkjedi 07-25-2008 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 359988)
This is not true at all, at least for me. I have vista home premium 32 bit, i and update all the time, official roms, and cooked roms. On the other hand I have not experienced that problem at all, don't stop it, when it turns blank just wait and it should still go thru.

When I used to have my 6700 and only had my Vista laptop with me abroad, I couldn't update my ROM when verizon released it about a year ago because WMDC wasn't compatible with the ROM update. If it works for you guys now, I assume they fixed the issue, but when I updated my 6800, I used XP to load the ROM and upgrade it.