PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul

iceman72 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bluetooth syncing???

Hey guys I just got this new Vista computer with built in blue tooth. Is it really possible to sync? I tried and have had no success. BTW I am using Vista Ultimate.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mrsamtee is keeping up the good workmrsamtee is keeping up the good work
Re: Bluetooth syncing???

just recently started to sync with vista and bluetooth as well, works great, never going back to usb!!...unless i have to...i even tether with bluetooth, beam files, and use it as audio gateway for skype as it doesnt work on xv6800 for some reason... i use widcomm drivers and had a hard time setting up but eventually after trying different ones and updating drivers from website works great, all the time from anywhere in my house...great speeds too...
Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsamtee View Post
just recently started to sync with vista and bluetooth as well, works great, never going back to usb!!...unless i have to...i even tether with bluetooth, beam files, and use it as audio gateway for skype as it doesnt work on xv6800 for some reason... i use widcomm drivers and had a hard time setting up but eventually after trying different ones and updating drivers from website works great, all the time from anywhere in my house...great speeds too...
is there something special i need to do? when my phone saw the computer it only came up with speaker settings. i tried setting the sync to bluetooth but it would not recognize it. any hints or tutorial?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

You can sync with bluetooth, but its a lot slower than with USB. Add your pc to your mogul's bluetooth devices. Then open activesync on the mogul, and hit options, and then sync via bluetooth. That should be it.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

many thanks again. i got it to work and I love it. it wasn't as slow as i expected. seemed just as fast to me actually.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mrsamtee is keeping up the good workmrsamtee is keeping up the good work

yeah i agree mine seems even faster as i dont have to wait for the initial connection that usb has...my bluetooth connects almost instantaneously...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

idelgado782 is just getting started

Yeah I started this process with the treo 755p. I have a Sony Vaio, and everytime I wanted to sync with that phone I HAD to open up my bluetooth manager click on the com ports and once the computer showed the com ports that it was using through bluetooth then I was able to sync. With the mogul, I paired my laptop with phone, opened up active sync on my phone, hit options then connect through bluetooth as arparent said, open up windows mobile device center on pc and hit sync on phone. Voila, bluetooth syncing. This method is great for me because now I have the freedom to sync WHENEVER I want. I don't have to make sure I have my cable in order to sync.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

I'm using a usb bluetooth adapter, probably why mine is slower.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul, htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sexygyrl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to sexygyrl

I've been trying this all day... My phone is paired w/computer, but I keep getting a message my phone "cannot find a partnership with a pc that supports active sync". I'm guessing that's because my computer has Windows Mobile Device Center and Sync Center. Suggestions???
Old 08-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

on your ppc go tot start then programs, then activesync.
in the activesync window, click on menu in the lowe right and choose connect via bluetooth.

If that doesn't work, go to start, settings and pick the connections tab and choose bluetooth. Do you see your pc listed in the box or does it just say "add a new device"?

go to the next tab "mode" and make sure bluetooth is turned on and the checkbox "make this device visible to other devices" is checked.

Once you do that go back into activesync on your ppc and choose the sync via bluetooth again and see what happens.

HTH

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan