PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jdryang is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does the new rom blow or what

ok so got everything up now and wifi is working again but youtube still isn't. Whenever i click on videosites it says " the file "videosites" cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file." What the hell am i doing wrong???? Help please Do i need to install fp7 or flashlite?

sprint tv doesn't work now either but i don't care bout that i need my youtube . thanks in advance
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdryang View Post
I've just flashed the official rom today and 99% of the programs won't even install. I'm about to throw this p.o.s. out the window. Wifi doesn't work, now even youtube doesn't work. Tcpmp doesn't install, neither does opera 9.5 beta. I'm trying to avoid a custom rom if I have to but if anyone knows of any custom 6.1 build with these features then please let me know or post a link.

Didn't all those videos about 6.1 say youtube, full flash support etc etc. Big promises and no delivery.
I flashed mine yestday, and everything works great. I have no idea what I did different, but there is hope.
Gadget/Phone History: Motorola DynaTAC 8000x; Casio BOSS; Palm Vx; Palm m130; Palm Tungsten T; Sanyo 7300; Sanyo Katana; PPC-6700; Titan; Mogul; Touch Pro, Palm Pre; HTC EVO, Motorola Photon; Samsung Galaxy Note 2 .
Old 07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

I am having mixed feelings about the new ROM as well. Does anyone else feel like it was slightly rushed? If you look at the threaded SMS application, there are vestigial options. When selecting a conversation with someone, the options for "Move" and "Mark as Read" are constantly grayed out. Why even have them there? I can kind of understand the "Copy to SIM" option under "Menu" as this is supposed to be a universal platform, but this was a Sprint (and therefore CDMA) ROM.

I don't know if it's just me, maybe I've been using my phone more since Monday than I realized, but has anyone else's battery life decreased?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

kryptoniteman is a n00b

Well I love the new ROM, That is one of the reasons I went from touch to mogul. The phone is absolutely amazing to use now compared to the touch.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Hope I did this right. Uninstall the TCPMP, and flash bundle, and install this. Works well for You Tube.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC Streaming Media.zip (897.7 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

[/quote]Didn't all those videos about 6.1 say youtube, full flash support etc etc. Big promises and no delivery.[/quote]

Sorry dude, the youtube, flash, and other goodies were not in the winmo 6.1 upgrade. They are supposedly going to show up near the end of the year, in a PIE upgrade. I am assuming that we will download it using that Windows Update program on the phone. By the way, has anyone ever downloaded an upgrade for Windows using that? I am new to WinMo(since March)and I set it up for automatic. But as far as I am aware of, I haven't upgraded a thing using it.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
By the way, has anyone ever downloaded an upgrade for Windows using that? I am new to WinMo(since March)and I set it up for automatic. But as far as I am aware of, I haven't upgraded a thing using it.
I've been wondering the same thing. Haha... looks like you and I started at the same time. Killer avatar too, by the way.

My biggest concen with the update is would it require a hard reset, like installing a new ROM? I would hope it would be more like a giant program that just needs to be installed.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict View Post
I've been wondering the same thing. Haha... looks like you and I started at the same time. Killer avatar too, by the way.

My biggest concen with the update is would it require a hard reset, like installing a new ROM? I would hope it would be more like a giant program that just needs to be installed.

Not sure how or the where to's of that. H$ll, I'm still waiting on the MMS update from MS, and Sprint. Wonder if that will be the first "Windows Update" download? LOL!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jawxx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jawxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict View Post
I am having mixed feelings about the new ROM as well. Does anyone else feel like it was slightly rushed? If you look at the threaded SMS application, there are vestigial options. When selecting a conversation with someone, the options for "Move" and "Mark as Read" are constantly grayed out. Why even have them there? I can kind of understand the "Copy to SIM" option under "Menu" as this is supposed to be a universal platform, but this was a Sprint (and therefore CDMA) ROM.

I don't know if it's just me, maybe I've been using my phone more since Monday than I realized, but has anyone else's battery life decreased?
I see what you mean..... HOWEVER, here's what's tickin' me off.

When in a threaded message the task bar covers up 80% of my typing area! Even after closing the phone and sliding it back open. Does it regardless or landscape or portrait mode too, and does it after a hard reset. I can't see what I'm typing and thats frickin annoying. Anyone else sharing this issue?

P.S. Bat life went quick today but I was browsing and IMing and that eats it right up so I wasn't surprised.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Battery life is worst in this ROM but if you apply the usual battery tweaks it'll be as good as the previous ROM+tweaks.

I assume you guys already have them, regardless; I'll attach them to this post later today.

BTW I avoided alot of the ROM's hell by disabling HTC Task Manager.
Its one of the ROMs biggest bugs, no more frozen screens of hell.

EDIT: SEE NEXT PAGE, for promised tweaks...

Last edited by Genjinaro; 07-24-2008 at 06:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan